A M Photo-Graphics

Author Topic: Blue Bins  (Read 6913 times)

sooty2

Re: Blue Bins
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2010, 02:18:49 PM »
The Blue bin is to have another sibling in October! A Black one for non-recycleable rubbish. Why,if as we are told nearly all rubbish is recycleable do we need a great big bin to put it in, or is it because it won't be emptied very often? It's crazy, 110,000 yes a 110,000! more eyesores littering the streets, drives, back and front gardens. This is the kind of street furniture we really don't need.Homes not suitable for these delightful items will carry on with the existing blue sack or will it be another another colour? You know just for a costly change?

sooty2

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2010, 06:41:57 PM »
Just wondered why you keep trying to put a halt to my topics? eventhough you eventually came round to my way of thinking on the Seventeen windows fiasco.

Barbara

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2010, 08:57:29 AM »
Brilliant!  Don't think one could top that analysis - maybe time to draw an end to this topic?

Dave

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2010, 07:58:05 AM »
Not one mention of the blue bins on last night's poor excuse for a serious debate on the 'issues' concerning this country.  And why?  Because the big three probably don't have blue bins littering the roads surrounding their ivory towers! 

And talk about style over substance! I know at least two staunch Tories who are now going to vote for the Lib Dem chap because he 'looks friendlier' and 'had a better haircut'.  Sweet lord, if elections can be decided on a few 90 minute programmes, where no-one listens to WHAT is being said, but HOW it is being said, then we, my fellow countrymen, are heading into the brown stuff...

I agree.  I think we should make bins a local issue for our candidates in the General Election, and ask them all what their bin policies are.

The answers might go something like this:

Labour: Until 1997, when the Tories were in power, the people of Hazel Grove only had one bin.  Since New Labour was elected there has been a 400% increase in the number of bins made available to hard-working families in this area. 

Tory: The Conservative Party believes in people organising their own bins.

LibDem: For 65 years, the two main parties have been in control of bins, and look where it has got us.  It's time for a change.

Communist Party: All citizens will have the same bins.

UKIP: British bins.

Green Party: Green bins

BNP: White bins

sooty2

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2010, 11:24:40 PM »
I hope not!  but suspect we will. Some clown may give the go ahead for flourescent orange :'(

amazon

Re: Blue Bins and blue bags
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2010, 09:23:55 PM »
Are we having another bin this year instead of the blue bags . quite used to the bags now   

orangewhip

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2010, 04:58:41 PM »
Not one mention of the blue bins on last night's poor excuse for a serious debate on the 'issues' concerning this country.  And why?  Because the big three probably don't have blue bins littering the roads surrounding their ivory towers! 

And talk about style over substance! I know at least two staunch Tories who are now going to vote for the Lib Dem chap because he 'looks friendlier' and 'had a better haircut'.  Sweet lord, if elections can be decided on a few 90 minute programmes, where no-one listens to WHAT is being said, but HOW it is being said, then we, my fellow countrymen, are heading into the brown stuff...

sooty2

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2010, 05:07:29 PM »
That goes without saying. But not colours that stick out like a sore thumb.I have seen purple on my travels!They should all be neutral colours.Which colour is an assault on your eyes? Blue,Blue,Blue! :'(

I knew we'd find something to agree on if we waited long enough, sooty..... 

Result ;D But im not packing my tin hat away just yet ;)

Susan

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2010, 12:47:00 PM »
what colour are they in other areas . [ Hyde etc .
just to let you know they are blue all over tameside area we have black for household waste collected fortnightly, green for plastics collected fortnightly brown for garden waste collected monthly and blue collected monthly

Harry

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 11:21:15 AM »
Just paint your house blue. Than the bin won't stand out so much.

Dave

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 11:18:44 AM »
That goes without saying. But not colours that stick out like a sore thumb.I have seen purple on my travels!They should all be neutral colours.Which colour is an assault on your eyes? Blue,Blue,Blue! :'(

I knew we'd find something to agree on if we waited long enough, sooty.....    ;)

sooty2

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 08:10:32 AM »

maronbf3

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 12:19:07 AM »
Having recycling bins in different colours is a good thing. You know which bin to put in your papers/plastic/garden waste and you know which day to put the appropriate bin at the front of your property for collection.

amazon

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 08:19:57 PM »
what colour are they in other areas . [ Hyde etc .

sooty2

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 06:33:55 PM »
Looks like its just you and me that find these bins worth mentioning. I was told ,dont know if its true or not that they cost eighty pounds each!!!!