Brabyns Preparatory School -Scholarships

Author Topic: Blue Bins  (Read 6985 times)

orangewhip

Re: Blue Bins
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 03:59:28 PM »
I jogged down Windlehurst Road in leafy High Lane yesterday at the crack of dawn (part of the new fitness regime; no more creme eggs   :() and the blue bins placed at the end of people's driveways ruined the entire aesthetic of the place.  I'm actually considering a strongly worded letter to the council to register my views regarding these blue bins.      

orangewhip

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 04:05:08 PM »
I like the idea marveld but not sure I'd want an invisible bin!  I do like the walnut effect or perhaps the gingham...The blue bins are an eyesore of this there is no doubt, any refuse collection system should really employ neutral colours to maintain an area's appearance.  Why blue???

marveld

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 06:33:06 PM »
I suggest you may like to consider this site:

http://www.jodex.co.uk/section.php/48/2/sticky_back_plastic

If you order the brick effect, then your blue bin will look invisible against your house.  :D

sooty2

Blue Bins
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 06:08:58 PM »
Does anyone agree that the Blue waste paper/ cardboard bins look terrible? None of them look good littering peoples drives or gardens, at least the black, green and brown ones are not so obvious. I think if we are to have these bins they should at least be neutral colours. Who ever thought blue was a good colour either has no taste or douldnt care less :'(