All your Marple and Stockport property and financial needs under one roof

Author Topic: Local Elections 2018: The Results  (Read 3862 times)

Steve Gribbon

Re: Local Elections 2018: The Results
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2018, 09:15:00 PM »

Good evening

Just a quick update following the recent Council elections. I have really enjoyed it on this site and don't want to disappear so I wanted to let interested people know of what is coming up.

Both @ColinMac and I will be attending several different induction courses at the Town Hall over the next few weeks, giving us insights into how different departments work and how we are to deal with items passed to us. Obviously this is to give us some level of knowledge to begin with and I think this is a great idea.

As well as attending meetings we will start getting involved in casework around our respective communities. We are both keen to make a start and are eager to see what issues are to be on our agendas.

I hope this brief update provides some information of what we are up to at present. As per all of my messages on this site, I welcome all constructive comments and suggestions.

Kind regards

Steve Gribbon

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2018, 04:21:41 PM »
Good afternoon

Many thanks for the kind words on this site today, it makes very welcome reading. I have thoroughly enjoyed the campaign and look forward to representing our area to the best of my ability. I thought all attending candidates did themsleves proud last night, dignified and polite at all times.

Have a great weekend everyone, and if anyone is in Marple cricket club tonight then please say hello, I would be delighted to meet residents/new friends.

Kind regards

Steve Gribbon

JohnBates

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2018, 03:05:03 PM »
Congratulations to @Steve Gribbon and @ColinMac on their success.

Thank you to all who voted and helped.

K.C.Dowling

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2018, 02:49:39 PM »
Congratulations.

To everybody and anybody who played a part, big or small, in yesterday's/today's elections.

Snowball

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2018, 12:27:47 PM »
Congratulations Steve Gribbon, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a more hard working committed candidate. If he carries this through to his tenure as councillor then it can only be for the benefit of Marple and its residents.

I’m not a Libdem supporter and never have been I simply voted for the candidate who impressed me.

CllrGeoffAbell

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2018, 12:04:07 PM »
The results for all wards can be found here:

http://democracy.stockport.gov.uk/mgElectionResults.aspx?ID=48&V=1&RPID=13909439

There were many new faces in the Marple wards, particularly in closely-contested Marple South.  It can be a bruising experience, but I hope these new people will go on to enjoy further roles in our democratic process!
As Carolyn said, it was a long night.

Thanks to those who gave or lent us your support, but also to all who took part - nearly 50% turnout in both wards is really large for a local election.

Newbie1

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2018, 11:40:13 AM »
Congratulations Steve and Colin, and also to all of the candidates who stood for election.

Thank you to every single one of the 239 people who voted for me.  I'm struggling to find words this morning after a very late night, but it really does mean such a lot to me and to the Green Party.

Best wishes to you all

andrewbowden

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 11:07:19 AM »
Congratulations to both Steve and Colin

Dave

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 10:15:17 AM »
For comparison, here are the equivalent results from 2016.

Marple North

Malcolm Allan (LIB DEM) 1,985           42%
John Bates (CON) 1,393                      29%
David Rowbottom (LAB) 545                11%
Ray Jones (UKIP) 316                          7%
Kevin Dowling (IND) 315                     7%
Rtrevor Smith (GREEN) 207                 4%

Marple South

Tom Dowse (CON) 1,651                      37%
Colin MacAlister (LIB DEM) 1,628           36%
Sheila Townsend (LAB) 585                   13%
Grahame Bradbury (UKIP) 447              10%
Graham Reid (GREEN) 178                    4%

So the LIb Dem share of the vote yesterday was increased in both wards. But the Tory share was down in Marple North but up in Marple South.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Local Elections 2018: The Results
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 05:57:09 AM »
Congratulations to @Steve Gribbon and @ColinMac new councillors for Marple North and Marple South and High Lane respectively.

Here are the results from the Stockport Council web site:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website