Marple Health - for Wholefoods and Supplements to look GOOD and feel GREAT!

Author Topic: Carolyn Leather: Green Party Candidate Marple North  (Read 5430 times)

Newbie1

Re: Carolyn Leather: Green Party Candidate Marple North
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2018, 02:16:42 PM »
It is my turn to say goodbye now.  I thought I'd just share some things that I have learnt throughout this campaign that may not be apparent to readers of this forum:

1.  Kevin is kind and thoughtful.

2.  The male Labour candidates have been supported by a team of bright, passionate young women.  I'm sure we will see some of them standing in elections in the future.

3.  Misogyny, bullying and dishonesty sadly still exist in local politics. 

Be brave on Thursday.  Vote for change.

Newbie1

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2018, 03:52:59 PM »
I will be outside M&Co  from 11am-1pm if anyone wants to come and chat to me about anything.  I'll be the woman wearing the high vis Green Party vest!

Newbie1

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2018, 09:04:56 AM »
Thank you also Geoff for pointing out the low carbon footprint of candidates living in their own ward!  I always prefer to see candidates who live in their own ward on the ballot paper, but I am ashamed to admit that the carbon footprint of different candidates has never crossed my mind before.  It will from now on!

All the best for the future

Carolyn

Newbie1

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2018, 12:31:45 AM »
 You are confusing me with the Labour supporter I think who posted the picture of the bar chart.   She asked 3 questions.  I just asked the 2 that I've mentioned in this thread. 

Thank you for all the hard work you have done over the past 4 years. 

Regards

Carolyn

CllrGeoffAbell

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2018, 10:35:33 PM »
What were your 2 questions (as I have 3)?

amazon

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2018, 08:21:14 PM »
Dear Geoff

I asked if Steve could answer 2 questions that I had asked!  Thank you for answering the first question about councillors' allowances.  I have given my view about this issue on another thread earlier today. 

You told me the bar chart was accurate.  I didn't ask anything about the bar chart!  I do have an issue with it,however - you missed the Green Party off it!!

The question that remains unanswered is the Lib Dem position on the bypass.  My position is that I would vote against it.  The A6 - M60 bypass will irrevocably destroy significant parts of the Goyt and Poise Brook Valleys.  It will increase traffic and more people will use their cars.  This will lead to increased air pollution, will exacerbate our obesity epidemic, and will do nothing to build strong communities.  My view is that we need to invest in accessible public transport and improved cycle and walking path networks.  This will address air pollution, get people fitter and healthier, and hopefully talking to each other. 

The Green Party is the only Party that will always put the environment before profit.  If people agree with me about the road, they need to vote Green on May 3rd.  Even just one Green councillor could make a huge difference on the council. 

I live in Marple and having spent the past few years adapting our home for our daughter, we have absolutely no intention of ever moving!  I want Marple to continue to be a fantastic place to live, and want to work with others to make improvements where necessary.  Protecting our Green spaces is always going to be a priority for me.
We need a by pass quick have very good transport net work in the area building footpaths tha t very few will use Chadkirk for one .

K.C.Dowling

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2018, 06:33:31 PM »
I think a local hustings would be a good idea prior to the next election.  Have there been hustings for local elections in Marple before? 

I can't recall any.

Newbie1

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2018, 01:15:18 PM »
I think a local hustings would be a good idea prior to the next election.  Have there been hustings for local elections in Marple before? 

Newbie1

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2018, 07:14:20 PM »
Dear Geoff

I asked if Steve could answer 2 questions that I had asked!  Thank you for answering the first question about councillors' allowances.  I have given my view about this issue on another thread earlier today. 

You told me the bar chart was accurate.  I didn't ask anything about the bar chart!  I do have an issue with it,however - you missed the Green Party off it!!

The question that remains unanswered is the Lib Dem position on the bypass.  My position is that I would vote against it.  The A6 - M60 bypass will irrevocably destroy significant parts of the Goyt and Poise Brook Valleys.  It will increase traffic and more people will use their cars.  This will lead to increased air pollution, will exacerbate our obesity epidemic, and will do nothing to build strong communities.  My view is that we need to invest in accessible public transport and improved cycle and walking path networks.  This will address air pollution, get people fitter and healthier, and hopefully talking to each other. 

The Green Party is the only Party that will always put the environment before profit.  If people agree with me about the road, they need to vote Green on May 3rd.  Even just one Green councillor could make a huge difference on the council. 

I live in Marple and having spent the past few years adapting our home for our daughter, we have absolutely no intention of ever moving!  I want Marple to continue to be a fantastic place to live, and want to work with others to make improvements where necessary.  Protecting our Green spaces is always going to be a priority for me.

Newbie1

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2018, 03:00:35 PM »
Carolyn,

You asked on another site whether Steve could answer 3 questions that Labour had posed.  I could answer them, but at the time was worried that the pressure generated by 3 members of that party on two other websites was too much  and had the unfortunate consequence of those sites now not accepting comments.  I don't want that to happen here.

Incidentally as you are the Green candidate, and I suspect would want to reduce our Carbon footprint, I note that only you, independent Kevin and Lib Dem Steve live in the Marple North ward.  (All candidates for Marple South do live in their ward.)

CllrGeoffAbell

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2018, 01:48:09 PM »
Carolyn,

You asked on another site whether Steve could answer 3 questions that Labour had posed.  I could answer them, but at the time was worried that the pressure generated by 3 members of that party on two other websites was too much  and had the unfortunate consequence of those sites now not accepting comments.  I don't want that to happen here.

Incidentally as you are the Green candidate, and I suspect would want to reduce our Carbon footprint, I note that only you, independent Kevin and Lib Dem Steve live in the Marple North ward.  (All candidates for Marple South do live in their ward.)

Newbie1

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 11:36:30 AM »
The Stockport Green Party Manifesto is now available on the Stockport Green Party website, and can also be found via this link:
https://stockport.greenparty.org.uk/local-candidates/carolyn-leather.html

Newbie1

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 06:17:44 PM »
I use my married name on Facebook by the way- Carolyn Harries.  My profile picture is actually my two dogs. 

Newbie1

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 06:07:53 PM »
Many thanks Steve

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 04:33:47 PM »
Welcome to the forum Carolyn and good luck with your campaign.

Kind regards

Steve Gribbon
Lib Dems Councillor candidate for Marple North 2018.