Wealth Management | S&T Wealth provide portfolio & investment advice

Author Topic: Steve Gribbon: LibDem Candidate for Marple North  (Read 24452 times)

Malcolm Allan

Re: Steve Gribbon: LibDem Candidate for Marple North
« Reply #78 on: January 31, 2019, 04:16:34 PM »
Thanks to Steve below. Just to let people know, I also run an additional surgery in the week, on the second Thursday of the month, 11-12.30 in the Seed cafe at the Methodist Church.

As most people know, Lib Dem Councillors cover most, but not all of the surgeries at Marple Library, 10.30 to noon every Saturday, and Cllr Colin MacAlister has additional surgeries at High Lane library as well.

There is no need for an appointment at any of these, just show up!

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2019, 10:17:04 PM »
Good evening

Following a good trial of a midweek surgery back in November, I will be doing the same thing on Tuesday 26th March 2019. This will be (as before) at Cloudberry Café on Stockport Road between 10am and Midday.

I look forward to meeting anyone who chooses to attend.

Kind regards

Steve

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2018, 09:27:10 PM »
Good evening forum colleagues

This is just to let you know I’m holding a midweek surgery as a resident mentioned to me that they struggle to get to a library surgery on a weekend. It’s a fair point so I thought I’d trial this and see if it has any success in helping people.

It will be at Cloudberry cafe on Stockport Road on Tuesday 27th November, between 10am and midday.

Thanks to Karen at Cloudberry for offering to host this.

Please feel free to stop by with any questions or queries or just say hello!

Kind regards

Steve

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2018, 07:20:50 AM »
Good morning

Best wishes to everyone voting today, I hope the rain holds off!

Kind regards

Steve Gribbon

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2018, 11:52:06 AM »
Good morning Forum members

With only 2 days to go I wanted to come on to say thank you for making the last 8 Months a real privilege. I have met so many people who have been warm, courteous and engaging, I like it that sometimes our opinions differed as this creates ideas and new thinking, but more than anything it has made me realise that a large majority of where we live have a real passion and care for what we have, what we must fight to protect and what we want to improve.

I respect which ever way people choose to vote be it for me or for another party but looking back I like to think that I have proven during my campaign that I have demonstrated an energy, a desire and determination to represent Marple North at Council level. I have been involved with so many activities, so many projects and am constantly contacted by residents and I have loved every moment of it. I will happily put my contributions to our community against any other candidate with confidence that I have reached out to more people and issues than anyone else. I am grateful for the 2 candidates who complimented me on the amount I have done, it was welcome reading.

Should I be fortunate enough to be elected on Thursday you will be getting someone with not only a proven track record in helping people and with fresh ideas but you will be getting a new Councillor who will carry on the excellent work that Geoff Abell has been involved in and I will be working closely with Malcolm Allan who has done so much for us all. You will be getting a Councillor who can engage with people at all levels in a calm and diplomatic manner.

There are certain things I have learnt in my campaign that I will be looking to change such as making our distribution of leaflets more accessible online and to look at how we can improve what we send to residents, I would also look at an online chatroom where ideas can exchanged and discussed.

Should you vote for me you will be getting a local candidate who has embraced where we live for 15 years and is very proud to live here with my family. I have respect for my fellow candidates as I feel that it takes nerve to stand up and represent their party but looking back to late summer when I began knocking on doors I believe that the commitment shown if not gone unnoticed will allow you to decide that a vote for me will be voting for a candidate you can be proud of and be safe in the knowledge that I will do everything in my power to work hard to support and protect everything about Marple North.

Kind regards

Steve Gribbon   

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2018, 09:03:54 PM »

Many thanks Amazon. I've really enjoyed your contact on here during my campaign.

Kind regards

Steve Gribbon

amazon

« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2018, 08:04:04 PM »
Thanks Geoff. I fully intend to if I do get elected. It was good to hear people recognised the work I had done during my campaign, I have enjoyed every moment of it.

Kind regards Good luck ive voted .

Steve Gribbon

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2018, 07:58:41 PM »
Great to see so many candidates out on Market Street in Marple today, including you Steve.  As you've been on the streets for 9 months campaigning, I am hoping you will be equally hard-working in the council, if elected.

Thanks Geoff. I fully intend to if I do get elected. It was good to hear people recognised the work I had done during my campaign, I have enjoyed every moment of it.

Kind regards

Steve Gribbon

CllrGeoffAbell

« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2018, 07:00:00 PM »
Great to see so many candidates out on Market Street in Marple today, including you Steve.  As you've been on the streets for 9 months campaigning, I am hoping you will be equally hard-working in the council, if elected.

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2018, 09:27:22 AM »
Good morning

Just a quick reminder to let people know I am still having a meet/greet in Marple Town centre on Saturday between 12 and 3pm, this will go on rain or shine (hopefully shine).

If you are in the area please come over and say hello, I will be delighted to meet you, have a chat and answer any questions you may have.

Kind regards as always, and I look forward to seeing you on Saturday.

Steve Gribbon

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2018, 04:03:28 PM »
Good for you Steve,

You put us to shame with your catalogue of industrious deeds.

As you say in one of your lines. I am sure that people will see you are 'truly driven.'

Thank you Kevin

I appreciate your complimentary words.

Kind regards

Steve Gribbon

K.C.Dowling

« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2018, 03:38:12 PM »
Good for you Steve,

You put us to shame with your catalogue of industrious deeds.

As you say in one of your lines. I am sure that people will see you are 'truly driven.'

Newbie1

« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2018, 02:36:28 PM »
Apologies Steve, the message was not relayed to me

Kind regards

Carolyn

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2018, 01:50:51 PM »

We've never met @Steve Gribbon (you've never knocked on my door, and I've only very recently been given a hand me down Green Party poster to display in my window!).

I visited your property several weeks ago when I was meeting people on your road. The person who answered at the gate advised you were away for 2 days, I did explain who I was.

Kind regards

Steve Gribbon

Newbie1

« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2018, 12:24:25 PM »
Steve, there is no doubt at all that you have tried very hard, and kept us up to date with your efforts.  I have applauded you before on this site for that. 

I was only asked to stand as a candidate in March, so have not had as much time to plan a campaign.  It has been an interesting experience.  I have reflected upon the door knocking discussion.  I hope I have clarified that I have no problem meeting people face to face, and communication (mainly face to face) was the main function of my job as a Palliative care doctor.  I have worn a Green Party high vis vest when out and about leafleting, much to the embarrassment of my teenage son!  I've been visible and interested people have come out to talk to me, which has been lovely. I've explained why I haven't knocked on doors (apart from the time I posted my ruler along with a leaflet!).  I haven't wanted to act hypocritically, as I personally don't like canvassers knocking on my door.  There are a lot of households in Marple displaying signs saying they don't want canvassers calling, so I'm not alone in that.  Perhaps that is something that needs to be done if elections are to be won though, and I've taken the comments of @wheels and @CllrGeoffAbell on board. 

Being asked to stand as a candidate has prompted me to do things I've meant to do for ages, such as attending community groups, changing my energy supplier and and other "eco" things.  It has been a really positive experience.  I've also been forced to really think about the nitty gritty of Green Party policy - so thank you @Chris Wallis for that!

We've never met @Steve Gribbon (you've never knocked on my door, and I've only very recently been given a hand me down Green Party poster to display in my window!). I'll look forward to meeting you at the count.  I'm hoping you will save me from the bulldozers when I'm protesting about the destruction of the Goyt and Poise Valleys in the future.

All the best

Carolyn