Janine Kelly - Yoga teacher in Marple

Author Topic: Pubs with things for children go do  (Read 3018 times)

andrewbowden

Re: Pubs with things for children go do
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 11:57:10 AM »
I should have thought of the Oldknow.  It's a cracking pub (although with two young children, I don't get to visit it anywhere near enough!)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Re: Pubs with things for children go do
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 04:17:48 PM »
Today we were in Memorial Park with the children and it was hot, and we all needed a drink.

For a moment we thought about popping to the pub for a pint however realised we had nothing with us to keep the kids entertained with if we went somewhere.

I know some pubs that have toys, pencils or paper etc for children, but I don't know if any do in Marple.

Hence we finally arrive at the question.  Does anyone know of any pubs that do such things?

(I know the Devonshire Arms in Mellor user to, but with no buses on a Sunday, it wasn't an option.  Also I don't know if they still do.)

Samuel Oldknow's has games - jenga, battleships, stuff like that. Great supporters of Memorial Park too!
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

andrewbowden

Pubs with things for children go do
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 03:37:20 PM »
Today we were in Memorial Park with the children and it was hot, and we all needed a drink.

For a moment we thought about popping to the pub for a pint however realised we had nothing with us to keep the kids entertained with if we went somewhere.

I know some pubs that have toys, pencils or paper etc for children, but I don't know if any do in Marple.

Hence we finally arrive at the question.  Does anyone know of any pubs that do such things?

(I know the Devonshire Arms in Mellor user to, but with no buses on a Sunday, it wasn't an option.  Also I don't know if they still do.)