Cole and Fox Interior Design Marple | Romiley | Stockport

Author Topic: Free Xmas Parking but not Marple?  (Read 3192 times)

My login is Henrietta

Re: Free Xmas Parking but not Marple?
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2016, 02:30:38 PM »

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2016, 03:54:01 PM »
Yes, me too, and the web site has now been corrected.

http://www.stockport.gov.uk/services/leisureculture/christmasinstockport/
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Malcolm Allan

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2016, 03:03:09 PM »
An update....I have now had official written confirmation that Marple town centre parking should have been on the list and is included in this year's scheme. The Council will correct the web site.
Apologies to you all on their behalf
Malcolm (Councillor, Marple North)

Malcolm Allan

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2016, 08:58:43 AM »
Sorry to be after everyone else, I've been out of the area for a week until yesterday. Like others I've personally checked the Marple car parks and all have the concession notice on them but still with Marple omitted. I've written to the relevant officer at Stockport Council to point this out and ask what they can do to correct it.

As others pointed out Brabyns Brow is always free so there are no notices needed, but the two at the end of Longhurst Lane by Town street will be covered - I'll double check once the flood has subsided.

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2016, 03:23:52 PM »
Henrietta - though the big one may be free the two smaller ones actually in Marple Bridge are not
Thanks, Corium. I thought the big one on Brabyns Brow was the only one.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2016, 05:22:23 PM »
Yes signs are on chadwick street car park machines today - just been there

Yes, it looks likely that it's simply an error on the council web site. I've been contacted by SMBC via Twitter and they have promised to get their parking team to respond but I think it is simply a matter of someone omitting to type Marple before typing Marple Bridge. I don't expect to hear any more until Monday but will report any communications received.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

corium

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 04:44:33 PM »
Yes signs are on chadwick street car park machines today - just been there

corium

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 04:01:23 PM »
Marple Bridge is on the list but the carpark down there is free year round anyway.

Henrietta - though the big one may be free the two smaller ones actually in Marple Bridge are not

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 03:50:54 PM »
My wife says that she has seen notices on the machines in Marple saying that we are participating.

Haven't seen them myself yet and we do appear to be missed on the council web site, which says:

Free parking is available in the council owned pay and display car parks in district centres* only on:
  • Saturday 3rd December
  • Saturday 10th December
  • Saturday 17th December
  • Saturday 24th December
*Participating district centres: Bramhall, Cheadle, Cheadle Hulme, and Edgeley (except Armoury Street), Hazel Grove, Heaton Moor, Marple Bridge, Reddish and Romiley.

http://www.stockport.gov.uk/services/leisureculture/christmasinstockport/

Perhaps it's just a typo - can @CllrKennyBlair @CllrGeoffAbell or @Malcolm Allan please confirm what you know about this?
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

My login is Henrietta

Free Xmas Parking but not Marple?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 03:41:09 PM »
Just seen the notice about free pre-Christmas Saturday parking in the Stockport area. There's a list of areas which are participating but Marple isn't on it. Should one be suspecting evil intent ( ;) ) or have we just been forgotten? Marple Bridge is on the list but the carpark down there is free year round anyway.