Wealth Management | S&T Wealth provide portfolio & investment advice

Author Topic: Constituency, bins and Green Belt  (Read 11373 times)

mikes

Re: Constituency, bins and Green Belt
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 09:54:33 PM »
As said above not sure what is the point of merging Marple with Hyde when they are not connected by anything other than the railway.   

Not bothered about bins as I put so little in the black bin I only put it out every couple of months anyway.

More housing is a good idea especially if a mixture of types from executive homes to "affordable" homes, whatever that means these days.  The location on the A6 near the new SEMMS link would be ok.  Perhaps the mooted tram link to Rosehill could be extended down Middlewood Way to this estate. 

Nick Heath

Re: Constituency, bins and Green Belt
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 07:23:24 PM »
Plenty -
1     Marple and Hyde have nothing to connect them other than the Picadilly to Rose Hill railway.  Marple and Hazel Grove are more easily accessible one to the other and have more in common  If Marple has to change put it in Derbyshire.
2  Black bins become smelly when collected every two weeks, with three weeks it would be worse, and, heaven forfend, if you are away the week the black bin is collected you might have to wait six weeks - surely there is a public and environmental health issue here.  I have relatives in the London Borough of Richmond, their rubbish collection is just that, rubbish.  Please leave ours alone.

3 I accept that housing is needed, but it must be the right kind, not expensive executive estates like the one on the site of the old primary school off Dale Road, if the infrastructure is adequate and there is enough by way of trees and open spaces included, I think it would be hard to object on planning grounds, as I understand them.

CllrGeoffAbell

Constituency, bins and Green Belt
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 06:05:42 PM »
3 burning issues have come up
- proposed new constituency for 2018 - Marple and Hyde
- suggestion by Labour in Stockport we should go to 3-weekly black bin collections
- and the big one: planners propose allowing development in High Lane green belt  of 4,000 ploys to accommodate our (genuine) housing need by 2035.

Comments anyone?