A.C.M. Financial Services Ltd - for all aspects of financial planning

Author Topic: Boundary Commission Proposals  (Read 21599 times)

Melancholyflower

Re: Boundary Commission Proposals
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2016, 11:29:47 PM »
Ours would seem to be one of the more radically different constituencies in the northwest under these proposals.

wheels

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 11:17:18 PM »
Also all Tameside wards are much smaller than Stockport wards thus I would think the balance of population is in Stockport.

Further the Resident Cllr in Romiley was actually elected as a LD so should reflect that Dave. She will be gone when her term comes to an end.

Dave

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 05:34:58 PM »
A very interesting proposal.

Having had a look at the political make up of the area included in that map, according to the councillors serving the eight wards (four in Hyde, and four in the Bredbury, Woodley, Romiley and Marple areas of Stockport), I've added up the councillors elected from each of the parties as follows:

Labour     10 (all in Hyde)
Lib Dem    7  (all in Marple/ Romiley)
Tory          6  (2 in Hyde, 4 in Marple and Romiley)
Residents 1   (Bredbury Green and Romiley ward)

TOTAL      24

Doesn't look much like a Tory seat any more, does it..........

ringi

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 06:37:22 PM »
I have lived in Marple for about 7 years.

We have a lot in common with New Mills, including depending on the same train line and having better public transport links into Manchester then Stockport.   Given that I have never had a wish or reason to visit Hyde, I don’t consider it belongs with Marple.  Hyde does not even use the same hospital as we do.

Maybe the constituencies should be based along the train lines....

Condate

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 01:00:26 PM »
I don't thing Marple and Hazel Grove have much in common, but at least there isn't a mountain range between them, as there is between Marple and Hyde!

I think the whole idea of reducing the number of MPs is bound to produce even more illogical constituencies than we already have. Ideally, we actually need more MPs, not fewer, to enable constituencies to be drawn up with more regard to logical connections between parts of each one.

corium

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 11:43:39 AM »
Map available here:

http://www.bce2018.org.uk/

It does take a little manipulation to see the changes.

Understand the reasoning behind the need for change but does seem to lump quite unrelated areas together which will cross council boundaries

wheels

Boundary Commission Proposals
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 11:29:31 AM »
I was wondering if there are any views here on the BC proposals for a Marple and Hyde Parliamentary Constituency?