RC Cars, RC Helicopters, RC Planes | Nitrotek Ltd

Author Topic: Greater Manchester Spatial Framework - proposed built development sites  (Read 48404 times)

Dave

Re: Greater Manchester Spatial Framework - proposed built development sites
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2016, 10:24:17 AM »
PLANNED USE IF KNOWN
Approximately 180 dwellings. Housing mix and tenure to be determined. Will be market-led.

"WILL be"? Did I miss something? :o

Just checked the planning applications on the Council website.  It appears that no application has been submitted for that site. 

hatter76

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2016, 07:23:13 PM »
Regardless of whether you think new houses are good or bad, its very quiet on here, do people understand?

rsh

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2016, 02:35:08 PM »
What about the land south of Brickbridge Road? (The cut-through from All Saints Primary down to the canal and Strines)

SITE
Land South of Brickbridge Road, Marple
ADDRESS
Land South of Brickbridge Road, located in the southern part of Marple. The site occupies fields south of Brickbridge Road between the built up area of Marple and the Peak Forest Canal.
CURRENT USE
Agriculture
PLANNED USE IF KNOWN
Approximately 180 dwellings. Housing mix and tenure to be determined. Will be market-led.

"WILL be"? Did I miss something? :o

barndoor

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2016, 08:49:09 PM »
Another site of interest is the Greater Manchester Open Data Infrastructure Map, showing different mapping data to the one posted by admin/Mark Whittaker (which highlights land sites promoted by owners/developers).

By selecting the 'Green Belt' layer under the Planning menu it is clear that the area highlighted in the previous mail is classified as greenbelt land. I wonder what political gymnastics will take place for the developers to reclassify the land as 'residential'.

amazon

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2016, 08:20:29 PM »
There has been a lot of work on the area opposite the Windsor Castle junction - removing trees, etc. But the land slopes away quite steeply I think so would it be suitable for housing? I know the builders of the existing houses adjacent to the land managed to overcome such problems but that was 100+ years ago!

Henrietta please stop spreeding rumours part of that land belongs to highways .the rest bute house thats the house near the bus stop .if you would like to stop when your passing
on your horse and have a look .you will see what belongs to highways its fence off .as i said the land next to the recreation ground on glossop could be built on .but thats been down for building land the last thirty years .if you would like any more info please post on the website .

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2016, 04:40:23 PM »
The full Greater Manchester Spatial Framework map gives more detail of the area suggested:

http://mappinggm.org.uk/call-for-sites/development-sites.htm

But the MEN map has the following notes too:

Site
Land At Marple Bridge

Address
Land bound by Lower Fold and Glossop Road, Marple Bridge (Site Location Plan Attached).

Current use
Open

Planned use if known
Part of the site makes a significant contribution to the local environment, providing a landscaped valley. Indeed, due to the gradient and presence of mature woodlands it is not being proposed that the entire site be brought forward for development, bit rather those parts that are well located immediately adjacent to existing development with direct access on to either Lower Fold or Glossop Road. Depending on the scale of any allocation for housing, there would be potential to make a contribution towards affordable housing and also, building on the Governments current agenda, properties suited to first time buyers. An indicative plan (attached) shows the sites potential to deliver c 8 homes off Lower Fold and a similar development could be brought forward from a new access, from Glossop Road, close to the junction with Cote Green Road. As a minimum we would suggest the site could deliver at least 16 homes, retaining an enhancing the remainder of the site as an attractive green corridor.

I'm not sure if they are talking about the darker purple or lighter purple areas.

You need to read the T&Cs and Disclaimer too!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2016, 04:11:43 PM »

Interesting map attached to that article.  Mentions a plan to build at least 16 homes where Lower Fold meets Glossop Road.  Can't quite visualise where that would be - behind the Windsor Castle, replacing the existing play park area ?
There has been a lot of work on the area opposite the Windsor Castle junction - removing trees, etc. But the land slopes away quite steeply I think so would it be suitable for housing? I know the builders of the existing houses adjacent to the land managed to overcome such problems but that was 100+ years ago!

amazon

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 10:02:51 PM »
Possibly on the field next to the W/Castle?
its the field next to the recreation ground .up the recreation ground was left to the councill as a gift to be used as such it cant be built on .
 but its suposed to be maintained as a recreation ground the state of it .now well .no further comment.

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 05:14:38 PM »

Interesting map attached to that article.  Mentions a plan to build at least 16 homes where Lower Fold meets Glossop Road.  Can't quite visualise where that would be - behind the Windsor Castle, replacing the existing play park area ?
Possibly on the field next to the W/Castle?

sgk

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 10:35:58 PM »
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/thousands-homes-could-built-greater-11872866

Salex