A.C.M. Financial Services Ltd - for all aspects of financial planning

Author Topic: Greater Manchester Spatial Framework - proposed built development sites  (Read 48387 times)

Dave

Re: Greater Manchester Spatial Framework - proposed built development sites
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2016, 11:18:32 AM »
Good to see the tram-train to Rose Hill in there, deep in the small print of the first document.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2016, 07:41:20 AM »
Looks like the reports and consultation are now published. There's a lot to absorb!

http://gmsf.objective.co.uk/file/4216152

http://www.greatermanchester-ca.gov.uk/GMSF

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-green-belt-gmsf-12053737

Just one small snippet:

They have allocated land for up to 4,000 (homes) on fields around the A6, Windlehurst Road, Threaphurst Lane and Torkington Road in High Lane
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

amazon

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2016, 08:32:07 PM »
manchester evening news website tonight proposed buildings houses in greater manchester .a lot to read if you have some spare time .

William Wragg

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2016, 11:17:37 AM »
Protect Our Greenbelt!

The Greater Manchester Spatial Framework will determine where residential development can take place in the Marple area. It has the potential to see large areas of the Greenbelt, which surrounds our communities, built upon.

I am very concerned by the real prospect of thousands of properties being built on previously protected land. Greenbelt land is an important barrier to prevent urban sprawl.
There are also significant doubts that our already stretched infrastructure of roads and amenities can support such large scale building.

The fact is we need more housing. However, the areas which should be developed first are those known as 'brownfield sites'. These are sites that have previously been used for commercial or industrial purposes, but are now vacant. Stockport has so many of these sites which have not yet been developed for housing.

You can see which areas near you have been suggested for potential development proposals by visiting www.mappinggm.org.uk

I would urge you to show your support for our Greenbelt by SIGNING MY PETITION HERE: http://williamwraggmp.wixsite.com/protectourgreenbelt

If anyone has any questions they'd like to ask me, please do not hesitate to contact me by:
Email: william@williamwragg.org.uk
Call: 0161 427 0660
Write/Visit: 13 Stockport Road, Marple, Stockport, SK6 6BD.

Thank you for your time.

William.

amazon

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2016, 02:14:52 PM »
Where are all these new families going to send their kids to school and which doctors are they going to use ?
A lot of it wont happen .its only a consultation .

mikes

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2016, 11:28:31 AM »
Where are all these new families going to send their kids to school and which doctors are they going to use ?

CllrKennyBlair

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2016, 08:40:18 PM »
Councillors also very quiet.

Councillors are quiet as there is currently no plan or proposal to say anything about. I am glad people are aware it is coming in the next few weeks and then they can have their say in any plan. As has been said already on the forum, the call for sites was to give GM authorities an idea of land that was available for development. This is what i know of it at this stage -

The Greater Manchester Spatial Framework (GMSF) will determine where housing development can take place across Greater Manchesters 10 Boroughs between now and 2035. One of its stated aims is to “achieve a step change in the rate and quality of development.”
The priority is to maximise the contribution that brownfield sites can make to meeting the need, but it is already known that the existing land supply will not be enough to meet what is needed (220,000 new homes needed between now and 2035), meaning potential development on Green Belt land.

Our local MP has provided his position which is that he will oppose mass development on green belt land and that brownfield sites should be utilised first. I agree with this and do not want mass development on the greenbelt in Marple or surrounding areas.
We shall wait and see what the GMSF Plan is but it is open for consultation in Autumn 2016 and I encourage you to have your say on these proposals by visiting mappinggm.org.uk.

hatter76

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2016, 07:34:04 PM »
Thanks for this Barndoor, they will represent some of the most valuable residential building sites in Greater Manchester, if they can get permission.

barndoor

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2016, 07:17:06 PM »
A few aerial photos of the areas that have been proposed around Marple/ Marple Bridge. Note the caveats that (1) the red line is approximate, and (2) none of these locations are - yet - a done deal:

Glossop Road/ Ley Lane/ Hollins Lane:

Dan Bank Farm/ Marple Brook:

Brickbridge Road/ Strines Road/ Ridge Road:

amazon

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2016, 03:20:34 PM »
And you might learn some manners
   and why say things you dont know anything about .you are just asuming .

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2016, 02:52:45 PM »

Henrietta please stop spreeding rumours part of that land belongs to highways .the rest bute house thats the house near the bus stop .if you would like to stop when your passing
on your horse and have a look .you will see what belongs to highways its fence off .as i said the land next to the recreation ground on glossop could be built on .but thats been down for building land the last thirty years .if you would like any more info please post on the website .
And you might learn some manners

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2016, 10:16:00 AM »
A suggestion to admin - could the title of the thread be amended so it reads: 'Greater Manchester Spatial Framework - proposed built development sites'.

That's done @barndoor

These purple sections on the plans seem to be a great big brain-dump by land owners and prospective developers.

It's important to read the Terms and Conditions on the site to understand what's going on. Here's just a small bit of it:

These sites are promoted by owners/developers and have no endorsement as sites for future development by Greater Manchester and its constituent 10 districts. Decisions on whether sites will or will not be supported will be made as we develop the GMSF. The draft plan in October will provide the first opportunity to comment on the proposed spatial strategy and this will continue to be developed in the light of the consultation responses.

The worry is how will all this be used? What will the draft plan in October show? And how on earth do local people have any say? It would seem that the formation of a Neighbourhood Forum could be more important than some people thought perhaps?
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

barndoor

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2016, 09:57:37 AM »
Regardless of whether you think new houses are good or bad, its very quiet on here, do people understand?

I thought that too. This is an issue that will affect large numbers of people in Marple/ Marple Bridge and destroy vast swathes of countryside, but the lack of activity on this thread (one relating to the refurbishment of benches in the town centre has generated six times as many views, for example) suggests people aren't fully aware of its subject matter.

A suggestion to admin - could the title of the thread be amended so it reads: 'Greater Manchester Spatial Framework - proposed built development sites'.

hatter76

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2016, 05:01:47 PM »
My point is how many people enjoying the countryside along the Top Lock to Strines canal have any idea about this?

My limited understanding is that this is a long term planning framework up to 2030. Once it has been approved it then means that any planning application would be more difficult to oppose as the land has been allocated for residential development. Can others confirm that this is the case?

Councillors also very quiet.

Condate

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2016, 12:04:44 PM »
Regardless of whether you think new houses are good or bad, its very quiet on here, do people understand?

Probably because we all know we are completely powerless to affect whether houses are build or not. No amount of campaigning one way or the other; no elections we can vote in; no councillors or MP we may elect will make the slightest bit of difference to what eventually happens.