Landscape Gardening Maintenance Marple & Marple Bridge

Author Topic: What no water?  (Read 3326 times)

amazon

Re: What no water?
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2016, 03:51:10 PM »
Don't hold your breath.  I reported a major leak in Marple Bridge last year.  It took UU around two weeks before it was fixed.
closed for three days 20 till 23 sep .Stockport road manor hill road .

mikes

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2016, 11:26:02 AM »
Don't hold your breath.  I reported a major leak in Marple Bridge last year.  It took UU around two weeks before it was fixed.

Barbara

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2016, 08:16:35 PM »
OK so what happened to promised repair?  Station Rd still very wet this afternoon!

Howard

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2016, 09:14:06 PM »
That really is unbelievably lax of UU. I've been watching that leak get bigger and bigger for weeks as I've walked past it. At first it was a little trickle and now it's a full blown pothole. Nearly a month of prompting and they're finally getting around to it.

Barbara

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2016, 04:34:13 PM »
Thanks for the warning - shall fill kettle and bottles tonight!!

red666bear

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2016, 04:26:03 PM »
Card put through door by united utilities stating water being turned off for 4 hours from 10am tomorrow.
Presume this is to fix the leak which has resulted in a dangerous pothole outside 19 Station Road, myself and other residents of Station Road have been reporting this to united utilities ever since the original bursts further up Station Road on 20/21 August.
It has taken them 3/4 weeks to take any action - shambles.

Barbara

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2016, 05:06:17 PM »
I came across the leak this morning about 9.30 on way back from Marple - Water everywhere, and white vans all over the place.  I had the forethought to fill my kettle as soon as I got in plus a jug or two.  Fully restored at about 3 pm this afternoon.

Btw, the United Utilities website was one of the most straightforward ones I have come across - I am a bit of a Luddite where internet is concerned!! ;D

JohnBates

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2016, 11:42:37 AM »
Updated to say fixed, but may take time to re pressurise the area.

"Update @ 11:30am - Our team of engineers has finished repairing the leaking pipe on Station Road and the water should be starting to flow normally again. However it may take up to 2 hours for the water pressure to return to normal levels. We’re sorry if this has affected you and thank you for your patience.

Because there’s been some disturbance to the pipes in your area you may notice the water is a little cloudy or discoloured, please check our Discoloured Water page for more information."

http://www.unitedutilities.com/emergencies-incidents.aspx

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 11:41:21 AM »
Yes, couldn't believe it when I went to the park this morning and there was no water to mix our postcrete! Had to go home with four watering cans to get the job done (see separate post soon).

Water is off in the park and the library still at the moment.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Safe Star

What no water?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 11:08:30 AM »
There is no water in many areas of Marple Bridge/Marple this morning. I have checked UU website and they say there is a leak on Station Road, but no indication as to when the supply might be reinstated.