Consulting Structural & Civil Engineers in Marple Bridge

Author Topic: Just a note..  (Read 2215 times)

Rachael

Just a note..
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2005, 01:22:28 PM »
Best thing when someone like this calls is tell them nothing, just say point blank you do not want the work done.

You have to be carefull, sometimes they question you to suss out whether there is someone at home, did you report the matter to the police Marpalian.......A man was sat outside my house one day in a car, but seemed to be acting suspiciously, I reported it to the police, and to their credit, they did act upon it, and it was an innocent person, but I didnt know it at the time.

People do say what is the point of reporting it, the police wont come, but they definateley wont if you dont ring and try to report the incident.

Marplian

Just a note..
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 11:46:22 AM »
I remembered that on the marple site we are warned about bogus sellers etc.. and i just thought id post a note.
Last week a man came to our house asking about driveways, he was very unprofessional (NO ID, BUSINESS CARD, NO ADVERTISING ON HIS TRUCK AND HE WAS LEANING ON OUR CAR) He was told that we already have plans for our driveway which we are doing in the summer, he kept on trying to convince us to let him do it. It was strange how when he drove off he kept staring at our house. He said he was going to visit again in the summer to see how progress is going!! We said that wouldn't be needed. I thought it was odd...anyone had a similar visit to their house??