Marple Health - for Wholefoods and Supplements to look GOOD and feel GREAT!

Author Topic: James Hyde of Dan Bank circa 1750's  (Read 3580 times)

My login is Henrietta

Re: James Hyde of Dan Bank circa 1750's
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 02:13:07 PM »
Hello

An ancestor of mine (Anthony Bennett) Married a Betty Hyde daughter of James Hyde of Dan Bank Marple. I haven't been able to track down any other information about James (except for the burial of a son Ralph at Mellor in 1759 which gives James' wife's name as Ann) and was wondering if anyone knows anything or might be able to suggest where I could find out more
I realise that you query was posted a long time ago but I've just noticed it. At that time there wouldn't have been many houses in that area but you could look at Old Manor Farm, Stockport Road or Dan Bank Farm. I don't know who owns Old manor Farm but the people who own Dan Bank farm are called Townend. You may be able to trace your relative through them or through the local archives.

Best of luck.

dr.chris

James Hyde of Dan Bank circa 1750's
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 10:41:07 PM »
Hello

An ancestor of mine (Anthony Bennett) Married a Betty Hyde daughter of James Hyde of Dan Bank Marple. I haven't been able to track down any other information about James (except for the burial of a son Ralph at Mellor in 1759 which gives James' wife's name as Ann) and was wondering if anyone knows anything or might be able to suggest where I could find out more