Lawler & Co - Marple's Local Independent Estate Agent for Sales and Lettings

Author Topic: The Norfolk, Marple Bridge  (Read 5263 times)

jimblob

Re: The Norfolk, Marple Bridge
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2017, 04:58:33 PM »
We often like to eat in the Norfolk, their pies used to be fantastic and I suspect made on the premises (you'd be served with an actual slice of a much larger pie). I think they buy them in now as they're PieMinister. Food is still nice but not a patch on the food they were serving a couple of years back. Service the last couple of times we've been hasn't been too great either, having to flag down staff to get a drink or a desert menu and waiting a long time to be served. Still worth a visit though. Try South Seven down the road for a burger.... amazing sliders!

andrewbowden

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2017, 04:40:40 PM »
In most pubs a large menu is simply a sign that most of the food comes shipped in pre-pared and frozen, and then re-heated to order. 

That's not always true - if a pub has a good throughput of food, then it can be all fresh.  But if you see a pub with a small-ish menu, that's generally because they're actually cooking stuff rather than re-heating.

It's quite sad that eating out often involves all the skill being in some sort of central factory.

nbt

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2016, 05:03:41 PM »
I don't see a small menu as a bad thing: if a menu is massive I wonder how the place manage to keep so much stock fresh and prepare meals

In any case we ate at the Norfolk last night. Staff were great, food was more than acceptable, but it didn't outshine any other local places: I'd probably go to Libby's if I had the chance
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

corium

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 07:54:01 PM »
Ate there  around a week ago. Some nice, some average, some unusual.

Razzle24

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 09:08:08 AM »
We had a meal just before Easter. To be honest we were disappointed  :( the menu has become smaller (mainly pies), and they didn't have what we wanted on the menu. We won't be going back  :(

amazon

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 09:04:45 PM »
Any comments on the food at the Norfolk. I keep meaning to try it.
try it then let us know.

My login is Henrietta

The Norfolk, Marple Bridge
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 02:50:00 PM »
Any comments on the food at the Norfolk. I keep meaning to try it.