Janine Kelly - Yoga teacher in Marple

Author Topic: 3D Printing in Marple or surrounds?  (Read 3196 times)

Richgain

Re: 3D Printing in Marple or surrounds?
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 03:45:03 PM »
I know my neighbour is very happy with the 3D CAD model you did for him and I'm looking forward to seeing the 3D prototype.

Here's a few pictures of the CAD file I made from the blueprints and the finished 3D prints.

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 05:50:39 AM »
Commercial advertising in the forum is only permitted for web site sponsors but as you are not doing this on a commercial scale I'm happy to let people know about what you can do.

I know my neighbour is very happy with the 3D CAD model you did for him and I'm looking forward to seeing the 3D prototype.

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Richgain

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 05:48:02 PM »
Hi Mark
I don't know if this will be regarded as advertising or whether this is frowned upon in the Forum, but as a new resident of Mellor I thought I would join the forum and say 'hello'.

I have been involved with 3D printing for many years now, initially as a customer of the large 3D printing service bureaux and more recently as a small provider myself. I now own and run four printers, all of which I built myself as a hobby. I was intrigued by the idea of self-replicating, rapid-prototyping machines, otherwise known as the RepRap project, and used each printer to print the parts for the next one. I don't run a commercial 3D printing business, but I do provide a small scale design and printing service in my spare time, which helps to make the hobby self-financing.

I am pleased to say that I have been able to complete the prototyping work that you referred to in the initial post and would be happy to consider other requests from local residents. You can read reviews from other customers at https://www.makexyz.com/printer/richgain.

Cyberman

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 08:03:10 PM »
Don't know about businesses but Fab Lab Manchester has facilities for private individuals and small companies to try 3D printing for small projects.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
3D Printing in Marple or surrounds?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 06:08:24 AM »
Does anyone know of a local business with 3D printing capability?

One of my neighbours needs help with production of a prototype model.

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website