Brabyns Preparatory School

Author Topic: Angkor Soul  (Read 13319 times)

Razzle24

Re: Angkor Soul
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2017, 10:13:14 AM »
Pink Panther, I have not omitted anything. We had a horrible experience, and the owner was only interested when we wrote a poor review. They were not interested on the night!

We should not have been served undercooked food in the first place & if they had treated us better we would not have written the review.

We did not take up their offer of a free meal - as we did not want to go back.

Rachael

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2017, 08:17:57 PM »
Razzle, having under cooked chicken is not acceptable, you have written your comments on here , and declared you only got a proper response when writing an honest review on Trip advisor , maybe it would have been fair of you  to point out, that in their  reply to you ,  that you were offered a meal for four people on the house .

They can't be fairer than that, but you have clearly ommited that fact .

Razzle24

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2017, 07:43:16 AM »
It really is lovely food. I've eaten here several times and never been disappointed.

It is a shame we cant say the same - we went for my sons birthday- and we were served undercooked chicken and given a poor table, despite there being several empty ones.!! When we complained the owner wasn't at all interested, she seemed only to be interested in her regular customers!! It was only when we wrote an honest review on trip advisor that we got a response. >:(

Howard

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2017, 09:25:26 AM »
It really is lovely food. I've eaten here several times and never been disappointed.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2017, 06:03:03 AM »
Review here:

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/oct/08/angkor-soul-stockport-restaurant-review-jay-rayner

Great review, good job we've booked in advance with friends for Saturday after next as it's going to get even harder to get in!
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

corium

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2017, 05:20:48 PM »

marveld

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2016, 01:20:20 PM »
That's all a bit relative, I have a friend who thinks a vindaloo isn't hot but I would say, by my own middle of the road standards, not "hot" just lovely and spicy.
My wife has a very low tolerance of "hot" food and she loved it.
It may be worth calling in and discussing your allergy. Maybe the owner can recommend some dishes without chilies.
Thanks, Admin.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2016, 07:23:20 PM »
Would like to try it but I'm allergic to chili so can't cope with many Thai, etc., dishes. Is Cambodian food very "hot"?

That's all a bit relative, I have a friend who thinks a vindaloo isn't hot but I would say, by my own middle of the road standards, not "hot" just lovely and spicy.
My wife has a very low tolerance of "hot" food and she loved it.
It may be worth calling in and discussing your allergy. Maybe the owner can recommend some dishes without chilies.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2016, 06:37:53 PM »
Would like to try it but I'm allergic to chili so can't cope with many Thai, etc., dishes. Is Cambodian food very "hot"?

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2016, 12:27:45 PM »
After a second delightful lunchtime trip to Angkor Soul and talking to several other Friends of the Park volunteers who had enjoyed their own visits too, we decided to have a group meal there for our belated Christmas celebration. Twenty-one of us went on Tuesday night, when the restaurant is normally closed, and had the whole place to ourselves. It was the best social event that the group has had in more than 10 years, the food was unusual and delicious, the restaurant rearranged to suit our needs and the staff efficient and attentive. It was also extremely good value for such good quality food, working out at only £14.50 per head on average (for food only - we paid for drinks as we went).

The owner was very helpful with the organising of this, sending us menus to distribute so we could all choose in advance, opening on a night they are normally closed and rearranging the tables.

I'm sure that many of our volunteers will be returning in smaller numbers following this great night, we certainly will!

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 06:04:19 AM »
On the strength of these recommendations we tried Angkor Soul yesterday lunchtime. Enjoyed it very much, thank you!
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Snowball

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 08:32:59 PM »

corium

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 08:17:13 PM »
Would agree with Harry, good addition to Marple. Does "conventional" coffee & cake as well for those who miss the previous establishments.

Harry

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 07:44:21 PM »
Does it have a drinks licence?

Yes. Reasonably priced too.