Certified Charter Accountants in Marple

Author Topic: John Bates: Marple North Conservative Candidate  (Read 11473 times)

Harry

Re: John Bates: Marple North Conservative Candidate
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2015, 10:15:36 PM »
I think that marplerambler has shown just why our councillors don't use this forum. His personal attack against John Bates, from a position of ignorance, is atrocious.

John, don't take it personally, he detests all tories. It's a good job you didn't say that you enjoy horse riding. Good luck with your campaign.

JohnBates

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2015, 06:20:37 PM »
You know just as well as I do that an NHS dentist is someone who receives a fair salary , who comes from a generation which received his training for free (or at least a lot cheaper than elsewhere in the world) and who states himself first to be a dentist above all and who is proud to use the gifts God gave him for the benefit of his patients.

And what makes you think none of the above applies to me?
What is the fair NHS salary you refer to?  The evidence from HMRC shows that contrary to what you seem to belive, the average dentist spending most of his time working under contract to the NHS earns more than the average dentist working mostly privately.

Stating yourself to be a Director first and then dentist second tells me all I need to know about you.

The reason for mentioning this is that I feel it is relevant for people to know that in addition to being a dentist I am responsible for running a large dental practice, and therefore have managerial experience in addition, unlike the associate dentists at the practice. This I feel would be of use to a councillor

have an NHS dentist who has provided frequent compassionate care.
Had I been in the hands of a company director I suspect that you would have been very rich and I would be in continuous pain and penury.

I am glad you have had this compassionate care.
Why your assumption my patients are in pain?  That is a really foul and disgusting comment.

I feel certain that we can rely upon you to prioritise fighting for our parks as you have paid a lot more in taxes and rates than most of the population and that it is only just that you enjoy these local facilities as you approach retirement. Just make sure that you look the other way when you see the sick in need of care on the benches.

Surely your "NHS Dentist" has also paid alot more in taxes and rates than most of the population.

I take great offence that you suggest I do not care about the sick.

marplerambler

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2015, 05:17:02 PM »
Why is it the million dollar question? Are you suggesting that only those working in the public sector are suitable to be a potential councillor?

What a foul, disgusting evasion which would have been worthy of Mr Cameron himself!.  I am sure that Mr Cameron will be proud to welcome you into a political world of destruction of healthcare for those other than the super-rich or those who enjoy good health and can therefore receive private medical insurance.  You know just as well as I do that an NHS dentist is someone who receives a fair salary , who comes from a generation which received his training for free (or at least a lot cheaper than elsewhere in the world) and who states himself first to be a dentist above all and who is proud to use the gifts God gave him for the benefit of his patients.

Stating yourself to be a Director first and then dentist second tells me all I need to know about you.

I have needed the services of the dentist and the dental hospitals a great deal more than most during my lifetime including very extensive surgery as a consequence of disability and not neglect. I earned a mediocre salary for most of my working life, largely due to disability, and at times suffered very severe health problems which have slowly destroyed virtually every tooth in my mouth and have an NHS dentist who has provided frequent compassionate care.

Had I been in the hands of a company director I suspect that you would have been very rich and I would be in continuous pain and penury.

I am sure that your constituents will receive the same treatment as your patients (assuming that they could afford to pay for treatment).

I feel certain that we can rely upon you to prioritise fighting for our parks as you have paid a lot more in taxes and rates than most of the population and that it is only just that you enjoy these local facilities as you approach retirement. Just make sure that you look the other way when you see the sick in need of care on the benches.

JohnBates

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2015, 01:18:01 PM »
Well what a pleasant surprise.

Welcome JohnBates.

Glad its a pleasant surprise

Thank you

JohnBates

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2015, 01:17:18 PM »
So the million dollar question is are you an NHS dentist? If not, why not?

Why is it the million dollar question? Are you suggesting that only those working in the public sector are suitable to be a potential councillor?

What is an NHS dentist?

NHS dentistry outside the hospital and community dental service is almost entirely provided by the private sector. There are almost no dentists directly employed by the NHS. From its inception NHS dentistry was in effect privatised, all the work carried out by private dentists who subcontract a degree of their time to the NHS. (in effect like private hospitals can have NHS contracts) So if you have had NHS dentistry it will have been provided by a private dentist subcontracting to the NHS.

So if you mean am I employed by the NHS, then no I am not an NHS dentist. If you mean do I do some subcontracted work for the NHS then yes.

simonesaffron

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2015, 12:50:03 PM »
Well what a pleasant surprise.

Welcome JohnBates.

marplerambler

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 11:30:57 AM »
So the million dollar question is are you an NHS dentist? If not, why not?

JohnBates

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 08:14:11 AM »
ps

I will be at the Friends of Memorial Park task day later.

JohnBates

John Bates: Marple North Conservative Candidate
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 08:12:02 AM »
Thank you Admin for starting this thread.

Below is a little detail on myself. Please follow links to website and facebook links for more information. I also append our current newsletter.

I have lived in Stockport all my life, being born in the old Stepping Hill Maternity.

For over twenty five years I have resided in Marple, where I live with my wife and three children.

During this time I have been involved in the local and wider community in a number of roles. These include having been a Manager with Rosehill Rovers Football club. Running a group playing football for fun called the "Fat Dads". Being an accredited assessor for Duke of Edinburgh award Expeditions, and more recently running and volunteering at the Marple parkrun and Junior parkrun.

I am a director and dentist at a practice in Glossop, where I have worked for over twenty five years.

I have been a member of the local conservatives for many years and have been actively involved in canvassing and leafleting, recently being selected as prospective candidate for Marple North Ward.

I hope to be able to help the residents of Marple North to make the area even better for the future.

In particular I am keen to push for the bypass to be built from the A6 to Bredbury and for the Tram/Train strategy to Marple and Marple to Stockport. I also wish to promote and increase the use of our wonderful parks.

http://www.johnbates.me.uk/images/Leaflets/2015-11/Marple%20North%20A3%20Winter%202015a.pdf