Estate agency, done differently in Marple and District

Author Topic: Who are the Candidates for Local Councillor in May 2016?  (Read 42564 times)

JohnBates

Re: Who are the Candidates for Local Councillor in May 2016?
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2016, 03:02:46 PM »
Nominations close at 4pm today. The returning officer will then publish a list of those standing.

http://www.stockport.gov.uk/services/councildemocracy/elections/localelection/?view=Standard

Not long to wait.

Link is there to register to vote if you have not done so yet.

JMC

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2016, 07:08:30 PM »
Anyone know who all the candidates are for Marple South? I have seen the Conservative candidate but not heard from any others. Hopefully we should have full list soon?

simonesaffron

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2016, 11:05:41 PM »
I suppose the only person that knows the answer to that particular question at least in this example is Kevin Dowling.

Maybe an explanation is forthcoming.

hatter76

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2016, 08:22:29 PM »
What is the difference between Marple Independents and the Lib Dems if ex candidates are standing?

simonesaffron

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2016, 05:30:46 PM »
I haven't had this first hand but I was in the company of somebody very close to Kevin over the week-end and my understanding is that he is planning to stand in Marple North.

Makes sense, he lives in Marple North, his business is in Marple North and the poster he has put up is in Marple North. 

JohnBates

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2016, 06:02:36 PM »
Seems we may have an Independent Candidate standing, see photo of signs that have been up a few days now. Kevin Dowling was LibDem councillor for Marple South, however it is not yet clear if he is standing for Marple South or Marple North where he lives.

[attachment deleted by admin]

JohnBates

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2015, 04:47:41 PM »

Question. The public realm deteriorates before our eyes; parking, parks, drains et al. It has all been mentioned before. It has all happened on the Lib Dem watch, over the last few years. Councillor Abell says its because there is less money to go around, I accept that this is true. However one shouldn't guarantee the other, nor did he say this as part of his election campaign. He only mentioned it when he was safely in office.
Whilst we are discussing it, what do you say John Bates?   

I agree that there appears to be a number of problems with the public realm. Some may be due to reduced money in council budgets, but some appears to be due to work not being done as per contracts. Therefore we need to make sure work is being done as specified, and staffing is as per contract.

I am also in total agreement with @CllrKennyBlair that reduced Greenspace spending seems totally at odds with the councils Health and Wellbeing policy, (and future NHS costs) and perhaps the relevant executive councillors responsible need to talk to each other!

CllrKennyBlair

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2015, 04:00:10 PM »
I don't think anything you think you've done has been taken any notice of at all. Indeed both you and you colleague from North Marple appear to have decided to play no positive part in the working of the Council at all.

Wheels, could you clarify who you are talking to here?

Dave

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2015, 03:52:22 PM »
Essentially, cuts to parks and greenspaces now are a false economy with the resultant inactivity costing the NHS more money in 5-10 years.

A very good point - well said!

wheels

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2015, 01:48:31 PM »
I don't think anything you think you've done has been taken any notice of at all. Indeed both you and you colleague from North Marple appear to have decided to play no positive part in the working of the Council at all.

simonesaffron

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2015, 01:46:03 PM »
Apologies Councillor,

It wasn't a deliberate omission, I can assure you, I was just concentrating on the two candidates.

Whether in agreement or otherwise always pleased to have your thoughts. Thoughts and words from Councillors are always welcome as far as I'm concerned. It's the Councillors that DON'T seem to have any, that are a worry. What really is the point of a 'quiet councillor?

As far as this subject is concerned we are seemingly in agreement.   

CllrKennyBlair

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2015, 01:19:19 PM »
Simonesaffron, you didnt ask for my thoughts but thought I would offer them anyway. Since my election I have been campaigning for better maintenance of our parks and greenspaces. My thoughts and campaigns can be found on my website www.marplesouth.yourcllr.com or www.middlewoodway.co.uk or can be viewed on the Council Webcast of the Health & Wellbeing Scrutiny Committee from Sept here - http://www.stockport.public-i.tv/core/portal/webcast_interactive/187345 The relevant portion is from 1hr 50 mins in.
Essentially, cuts to parks and greenspaces now are a false economy with the resultant inactivity costing the NHS more money in 5-10 years.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 10:23:57 AM »
So we know that John Bates is the Conservative candidate for Marple North.

I've moved @JohnBates' posts and replies to a separate thread here:

http://www.marple-uk.com/smf/index.php?topic=6619.0

So who are the other candidates, does anyone know? It would be good to give everyone the same opportunity to tell us about themeselves.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Who are the Candidates for Local Councillor in May 2016?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 07:50:48 AM »
Long serving Councillors Alexander and Candler are retiring from their posts in 2016 and we will definitely have two new local councillors after the May 2016 elections.

So who are the candidates for the two places up for grabs next May?

We have one candidate for Marple North that I'm aware of and that's Conservative @JohnBates who is registered on the forum.

If you know any of the other candidates for Marple North or Marple South please let us know so that their details can be promoted too.

If you're a candidate, then register on the forum and tell us all about yourself too.

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website