Janine Kelly - Yoga teacher in Marple

Author Topic: PCSO's spotted in Marple  (Read 8932 times)

Russ

Re: PCSO's spotted in Marple
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2015, 11:38:14 AM »
Two Police vehicles & posse of Bobbies spotted today at 9.30am giving Iceland's side door a good looking at? Must have been an attempted break-in, somebody ran out of frozen peas I guess.

Pity us householders don't get the same response when we get burgled, instead of a crime number given over the phone.

The lack of resources doesn't apply to Iceland eh?

marple syrup

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2015, 09:42:07 AM »
I have to report I actually saw a PC in Marple town centre last night, not a PCSO but a fully fledged bobby.

My excitement at what appears to be a very rare sighting was however tempered when I realised he had just come out of ASDA and was clutching a pizza for later cooking & consumption

Yes, there's ham & mushroom for improvement.

corium

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2015, 08:59:50 AM »
I have to report I actually saw a PC in Marple town centre last night, not a PCSO but a fully fledged bobby.

My excitement at what appears to be a very rare sighting was however tempered when I realised he had just come out of ASDA and was clutching a pizza for later cooking & consumption

Russ

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2015, 08:16:45 AM »
Yes Harry, They seem partial to a football match also, when not strolling around Piccadilly gardens.

Harry

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2015, 09:37:18 PM »
Are bobbies on the beat 'endangered'? Theresa May obviously doesn't live in Marple.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-32807677

No. They've been extinct for at least 20 years in most suburban areas. But they are still quite common in city centre areas.

Russ

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2015, 05:11:42 PM »
Are bobbies on the beat 'endangered'? Theresa May obviously doesn't live in Marple.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-32807677

marplerambler

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2015, 09:26:36 AM »
Saw both a Golden Eagle and also White Tailed Eagles at their nest last week and although I cannot provide photographic evidence of that you could always have a look at my photos and account of Iona and Fingals Cave at the Miscellaneous/Manchester Coach Ramblers page of the Marple website to give you a taste of where you are more likely to catch a glimpse of Golden Eagle than at the cheese counter at Marple ASDA. A very nice taste of Scotland that had not been plastered in SNP banners. If you really want to see a Golden Eagle on its nest go to  http://www.goldeneaglecam.com (though it doesn't seem to be working at 0925 Weds 20.25.2015 there are comments from a few hours ago).

Russ

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2015, 07:45:56 AM »
It was on the TV news this morning, Bobbies on the beat are becoming as rare as hens teeth.

More likely to see a Golden Eagle perched on the cheese counter in Asda.

Dougal

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2015, 06:53:18 PM »
I noticed this on the Marple Hall School Website:

Come and talk to the Community PCSO's. Regular drop in sessions for members of the community to discuss local issues with the community PCSO's. The next two sessions are on Wednesday 3rd June 8 am-10 am and Wednesday 10th June 14.45-16.00.  This pattern will be repeated 4 weekly to follow their shifts.

stockport road

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2015, 10:45:44 PM »
I would have at least launched a couple of encyclopaedias in their direction

Young ungs today eh  >:(

Cyberman

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2015, 10:38:20 PM »
Yes - their response was "f*** off you c*** s*****". This was in front of my young son. I reported the incident to the local police - the individuals were known to them, and their parents were spoken to. I'm sure this completely solved the problem, and the individuals are now totally reformed characters.

stockport road

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2015, 10:20:22 PM »
You obviously challenged them Cyberman ?!  :-\

Cyberman

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2015, 08:09:49 PM »
Yes, Marple Library is a real hotbed for crime........
Actually I've been in the library in the evening when some extremely unpleasant individuals came in. 4 or 5 lads, 14~15 ish, swearing and shouting. As I was there with my 6 year old son, I was not impressed.

Bowden Guy

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2015, 10:29:20 PM »
Yes, Marple Library is a real hotbed for crime........

bat man

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2015, 08:56:39 PM »
There are 2 Female PCSOs who are regularly in Marple library,very nice and very helpful they are. :) :)