Security Alarms, Fire Alarms, CCTV & Access Controls Stockport

Author Topic: Rosehill  Flasher  (Read 11670 times)

Rachael

Rosehill  Flasher
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2005, 04:07:06 PM »
Yes Tina and Aslan, I can see your point now, and also maybe with it being more user friendly it wont be such an isolated area, thanks.

Aslan

Rosehill  Flasher
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2005, 02:09:40 PM »
Tina, I totally agree.
Lighting is proven to deter 'undesirables', but the main thing is don't go there if your not happy yourself.
New lightings just gone through all the Subways at Portwood Roundabout but I still don't intend using them!

tina

Rosehill  Flasher
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2005, 10:47:38 AM »
Hi rachael I have just put a post on a new topic before I read your message, I really hope people will feel better once the lights are up and running, the flasher if there is one would be more "exposed" (excuse the pun) once the lights are on and therefore have no where to hide in the dark.
There are lots of places for a flasher to hide around Marple or any other town, it's our job to make sure we are safe, so I wouldn't recommend walking alone in isolated places.
Me and my family enjoy a bike ride in the summer, so I hope the  new path goes further up the track.

Rachael

Rosehill  Flasher
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2005, 11:25:21 PM »
Dont mean to stir up the forum on this issue , but my family went down the middlewood way today, and said the path had been tarmacked and lighting put up by the route from rugby car park to rose hill station, does anyone think like me, and feel that by doing this, it may make the path more prone to flashers?, you know, by making it more user friendly?, will it become more known as a path to use, rather than the local people who use it as a cut through, just need reasurrance on the matter!!

Marplian

Rosehill  Flasher
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2005, 02:57:13 PM »
i shall sign in when posting on the site. I for one didn't think it would cause such a stir and people accusing!

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Rosehill  Flasher
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2005, 07:31:12 AM »
There is a registered member called Marplian, and there are a number of posts in the forum attributed to that name, however, none of them has been made by that member whilst they were signed in. I recommend that in future you sign in before posting to the forum. This will ensure that only genuine postings from the person who registered are attributed to that name.

To safeguard against the misuse of this name in the future I will delete any postings attributed to Marplian that are not made whilst signed in.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Rosehill  Flasher
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2005, 09:56:57 PM »
I have enjoyed seeing a site for the people of Marple develop and have spoken in many different topics over the past year. I am a student at Cheadle and Marple Sixth Form and contribute to the forum in my breaks that i have. I am not happy about being called 'sick' because i have a genuine interest in what happens in my home town.

Iona

Rosehill  Flasher
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2005, 12:20:47 PM »
I personally find it extremly disturbing that someone may use this site in this way, especially in the light of the recent murder in Disley.

As to the wider issue or registered/non registered users I shall add my comments in that area.

wardie

Rosehill  Flasher
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2005, 07:31:27 AM »
I know it's off-topic from the original thread, but most Forums I've used before are view only if you're not registered and logged-in. Posting is a privilege only for registered users.  

I'd support restricted access for non-signed in users.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Rosehill  Flasher
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2005, 05:44:51 PM »
Actually "Mike", you were using a PC in the Ridge Danyers College, not the Library. All the postings from Guest, Green River, Marplian and Mike in this topic were made from the college.

The posting from "me" was made from Marple Library - was this you again on your lunch break? Who knows what you think you're up to but you are certainly making a good case for only allowing registered users with a valid email address to post in the forum.

I note also that someone tried to register as "mee" at 2.04 pm today from Marple Library, however, as they used a false e-mail address this has not been processed. I wonder who this was.

I have no idea what you hope to achieve by playing around in this rather serious topic but I have no option but to warn anyone reading this that any posts not attributed to a signed in registered member should be considered as malicious and by a single individual.

I shall open a separate topic to seek the advice of registered users of the forum on how they feel I should deal with this matter.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Rosehill  Flasher
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2005, 01:30:24 PM »
I agree with Rachael that we have to be careful that this situation does not turn into "Chinese whispers". After all the only FACTS are:

* A male driver made an indecent gesture to a lady
* A man exposed himself to a lady near the station

The rest is just hear'say and speculation about old tunnels/air raid shelters and about tramps, who are unlikely to pose any threat to the public.

I suggest that only the FACTS are taken into account, so as not to accuse any innocent person(s).

Rosehill  Flasher
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2005, 10:53:40 AM »
In reply to admin's message, I personally are using a PC in Marple Library, so my guess is that any others are doing the same.

alan@marple

Rosehill  Flasher
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2005, 05:08:12 PM »
I mentioned yesterday that I had informed the police by email.
I received a phone call  today from the Maple Police Station.

The officer advised me that they were aware of the reports and that appropriate action has already started and is ongoing in this matter.

I would support the idea of notices in the Middle wood way advising that suspicious behaviour would be reported to the police and I wonder if the "Friends of Miiddlewood way" might want to consider this.

I would not subscribe to the idea of volunteer patrols, but there is no reason why anyone should not report or take a mental note of the description and immediately contact the police.

If we are to have volunteers patrolling then might I suggest the police call upon the assistance of the " specials" who have the necessary training and authority.

But I do appreciate " Mike's" concern for the blighter to be caught, all of us parents and grandparents share the same fears and unease, but I would be concerned, that passions might overtake sound judgement should he be apprehended, which might possibly result in others getting arrested.

Rachael

Rosehill  Flasher
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2005, 05:02:25 PM »
If the replies given by green river, guest, marplain etc are coming from the same person, he/she wants reporting, there is a genuine problem going on, without the overactive imaginations of someone who has got nothing better to do than to put the fear of God up people, it is disgraceful, and i dont mind telling him/her that, people I know are worried about recent incidents, dog walkers, children walking to school, bike riders etc, should be able to go where they want to, and if the above named thinks its fun to get people talking by posting his /hertopics, all of which appear he/she has seen the flasher but never once reported them to the police for fear of not being believed, they are sadly wrong, it could be your son, daughter, wife, husband, mother who is the next victim and if it was to be so, wouldnt you wish you had not sent the police on a wild goose chase with wild stories about a situation that could have been sorted sooner without timewasters.  On the other hand, if these so called sightinings are genuine, accept my appologies..

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Rosehill  Flasher
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2005, 04:09:51 PM »
Mike, Marplain, Guest and Green River - can you provide an acceptable explanation to me why your messages are all posted using the same IP address?
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website