Lawler & Co - Marple's Local Independent Estate Agent for Sales and Lettings

Author Topic: The best place to eat in Stockport? Marple  (Read 7684 times)

amazon

Re: The best place to eat in Stockport? Marple
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2014, 02:22:36 PM »
I disagree it confirmed something else I was told. It was a very useful post from amazon and stopped me making a Xmas booking.

Thank you wheels .I Dont Go around to pubs a eating places .just to slag them of if not satisfied will say so .will it be in order to tell you of one more .local .

wheels

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2014, 01:52:41 PM »
Yes, quite right.

Admin, could you please remove amazon's post above because it criticises The Midway.

I disagree it confirmed something else I was told. It was a very useful post from amazon and stopped me making a Xmas booking.

Dizzy Penguin

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2014, 01:48:51 PM »
But rather than delete it, why not just edit it. You don't need to add or change anything; you can simply remove a few words to discover that actually, it was a fairly balanced review...

So anyway I tried it and it's nice! The chips are thinner than most chippys very tasty, and the curry sauce is fruity it has sultanas in and bits of chopped onions. The pie was hard in places, although the inside filling was tasty enough. Owner very friendly, and was bustling in there so obviously has a loyal customer base. My overall verdict... pleasant but am yet to find a chippy better than Goyt's!

-------------

I apologise for my original review which clearly brought disgrace & dishonour upon the business.

defame
[dih-feym]

verb (used with object), defamed, defaming.
to disgrace; bring dishonor upon.

Dizzy Penguin

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2014, 01:26:05 PM »
Yes, quite right.

Admin, could you please remove amazon's post above because it criticises The Midway.

simonesaffron

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2014, 01:20:51 PM »
I drove to Ashton's Chippy at lunchtime... the one on the A6 that is on this list. Even though, as mentioned that list is based purely on tripadvisor reviews so should be taken with a pinch of salt. (And, in this case, vinegar!) hohoho

So anyway I tried it and it's nice but nothing to write home about! Nowhere near as good as the Goyt chippy. The chips are thinner than most chippys but very tasty, and the curry sauce is fruity it has sultanas in and bits of chopped onions so not my cup of tea although I know plenty like that. (Worth pointing out the Goyt chippy offer 3 different types of curry sauce but in fairness I wouldn't expect most fish'n'chip shops to live up to those high standards!) The Ashton's pie was unfortunatley microwaved and not even for long enough as the crust was still hard in places, although the inside filling was tasty enough. Owner very friendly, and was bustling in there so obviously has a loyal customer base. My overall verdict... pleasant but I wouldn't go again. I've been to many but am yet to find a chippy better than Goyt's!

Personally,

I don't think that this website should be used for criticising businesses.

We're turning into trip advisor.

Micro-waved pies indeed !

There is quite something inherently wrong with people that visit businesses and then under a veil of anonymity post negative comments about them. 

It's not very gracious and not very honest and certainly not very courageous.

I request Admin that you remove Penguin's post, It defames what I am sure is an honest and hardworking business. 

Dizzy Penguin

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2014, 01:00:21 PM »
I drove to Ashton's Chippy at lunchtime... the one on the A6 that is on this list. Even though, as mentioned that list is based purely on tripadvisor reviews so should be taken with a pinch of salt. (And, in this case, vinegar!) hohoho

So anyway I tried it and it's nice but nothing to write home about! Nowhere near as good as the Goyt chippy. The chips are thinner than most chippys but very tasty, and the curry sauce is fruity it has sultanas in and bits of chopped onions so not my cup of tea although I know plenty like that. (Worth pointing out the Goyt chippy offer 3 different types of curry sauce but in fairness I wouldn't expect most fish'n'chip shops to live up to those high standards!) The Ashton's pie was unfortunatley microwaved and not even for long enough as the crust was still hard in places, although the inside filling was tasty enough. Owner very friendly, and was bustling in there so obviously has a loyal customer base. My overall verdict... pleasant but I wouldn't go again. I've been to many but am yet to find a chippy better than Goyt's!

amazon

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2014, 08:16:42 PM »
Trip Ad visors "Independent Reviews." Dave's right with his ....'pinch of salt."

Any newspaper that uses trip ad visor as some kind of barometer can't have much discernment. It is a list that I will be ignoring.

Ive used hotels that trip advisers re comended and they have been fine .empire llandudno .

simonesaffron

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2014, 06:38:27 PM »
Trip Advisors "Independent Reviews." Dave's right with his ....'pinch of salt."

Any newspaper that uses trip advisor as some kind of barometer can't have much discernment. It is a list that I will be ignoring.

amazon

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2014, 07:55:24 PM »
Amazing not to see The Midway on there. In my view the best in the whole of Stockport
Not anymore it's gone off .

wheels

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 01:35:06 PM »
Amazing not to see The Midway on there. In my view the best in the whole of Stockport

BennyBlue

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 01:20:59 PM »
The article and the M.E.N. comments are interesting - if only to trigger the debate.

Marple is well represented but I would have liked to see Libby's and the Hare and Hounds at Mill Brow on there.

Dave

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 11:01:02 AM »
Yes, this is based on Tripadvisor reviews, which need to be taken with a big pinch of salt!

Apart from anything else, the list is such a hotch-potch!  It mixes cafes and delis with ethnic restaurants, proper restaurants and even a chippy!  You can't meaningfully compare such different places. 

Howard

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 11:55:21 PM »
These are the best places to eat "according to TripAdvisor". I don't see The Red Lion on the A6 which is, in my opinion, one of the best places to eat in Stockport.

However, whatever the method of selecting the destinations for the article it's nice to see so many local places there.

Salex