Market Research Company | Marple Stockport

Author Topic: Wanted - Elderflowers  (Read 2247 times)

My login is Henrietta

Re: Wanted - Elderflowers
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 12:43:54 AM »
I'm afraid you may have missed the boat for elderflowers, Henrietta.  They were prolific a couple of weeks ago, but are now well past their best.  Hope you do find some - there were quite a lot along the canal towpath but I noticed on Saturday that most of the individual flowers have fallen off.
Thanks Barbara. The goosegogs are in the shops later this year.

Barbara

Re: Wanted - Elderflowers
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 06:04:40 PM »
I'm afraid you may have missed the boat for elderflowers, Henrietta.  They were prolific a couple of weeks ago, but are now well past their best.  Hope you do find some - there were quite a lot along the canal towpath but I noticed on Saturday that most of the individual flowers have fallen off.

My login is Henrietta

Wanted - Elderflowers
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 02:09:49 PM »
Today I have acquired some gooseberries which I'll be making into jam and I'm looking for elderflowers (if you're a cook you'll understand this!). There are plenty on the roadside but they will be liberally coated with pollution from petrol and diesel fumes so I wondered if any walkers or off-road cyclists can point me in the direction of some "clean" elderberry bushes? We used to pick them over Seven Stiles but that was in the very dim and distant past (You have to be pretty ancient to remember that Seven Stiles estate used to be fields and allotments  ;))

It can't be too far off the beaten track as I lost an argument with a horse recently and consequently I'm staggering about on sticks and need to be reasonably near to where I can park the car.

I'm not an eco threat as I only want a small bunch of them (approximately enough to fill a pint jug) so won't be stripping lots of bushes.

Thanks in advance for any help