Landscape Gardening Maintenance Marple & Marple Bridge

Author Topic: Attempted Break In - Marple Bridge  (Read 6632 times)

Rudolph Hucker

Re: Attempted Break In - Marple Bridge
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 11:23:42 AM »
Apparently there have also been a number of thefts from houses in the Strines area recently where the miscreants gained access through the roof (yes, they seemingly lifted tiles, dropped down into the loft space and then through the bedroom ceiling). One of the victims was a former poster on this website - if he reads this he may want to elaborate....

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Re: Attempted Break In - Marple Bridge
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 08:02:40 AM »
Thanks for registering and letting us know Dumpling.

I also received information yesterday that in the last week or so the following incidents have occurred:

18 February Marple Hall Drive between 16.45 and 17.00 domestic burglary - entry via smashing rear patio door. Offenders disturbed and and made off over back garden onto Isherwood Drive. 2 males wearing a navy and a grey hoodie.

17/18 February The Turnpike between 22.30 - 08.00 burglary and theft of 2 vehicles. Front door forced and car keys taken to drive off with occupants two vehicles.

Over last weekend there were also garage / shed break-ins and theft of cycles etc on Weatherley Drive, Winnington Road and Kingsbridge Close.

So extra vigilance and report everything and if you have any information about the above call 101!
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Dumpling

Attempted Break In - Marple Bridge
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 07:20:56 AM »
Hi all,

Just wanted to notify the area that we had an attempted break in last night whilst I was in the house!
4 'lads' in total - 1 had climbed onto the extension roof at the back of the house and tried to gain access through a bedroom window fortunately the cat must have heard them as she started to behave 'oddly' and ran up the stairs.
When I looked out the bedroom window I saw one jumping down into the neighbours garden and the others jumping away over the neighbours fence!
They ran to the front of the houses and off down the road. Didn't get much of a look at them as it was so dark and happened so quickly but one had dark grey track suit bottoms on with a white stripe down the side on each leg.

We are in Ernocroft Road, Marple Bridge and back onto the cricket ground and they ran off towards Compstall road.

Police were here in 5-10 mins last night and had a good look around - nothing taken or broken!
The police did a drive around but they were not found!

Just posting this to make others aware of the incident and to be extra vigilant with locking doors and windows.

Thank you to the police officers who arrived so quickly and put my mind at ease.