Marple Blasting Services | Blast Cleaning Stockport

Author Topic: Astronomy  (Read 2777 times)

Astronomy
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2004, 02:53:48 PM »
managed to see jupiter/venus this morning about 6:45, naked eye visible and looked like one object. a bit higher in the sky than i thought but easy to see even in a light blue sky-they are the only stellar objects visible just as dawn breaks. With a decent pair of binoculars you should see some of jupiters moons strung out like beads close to planet (I didnt have time to get telescope out)-DONT do this if the sun is up though for danger of blinding yourself.

Astronomy
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2004, 03:27:19 PM »
I have updated my site regarding satellite passes as the weather is likely to get clearer. Please note that on 5th Nov approx 06:00 (if you are up that early) Jupiter and Venus are in conjunction low in the east. A line of site effect occurs as one planet blocks out the other (both are millions of miles from each other). From 2nd Nov approx 06:00 you should see the 2 planets get closer to each other each morning and then separate from each other gradually after the 5th. As they are 2 of the brightest stellar objects you cant miss them low in the east even in early dawn light. I have details etc on my site which has moved to a new server.

Georges satellites and astronomy