A gentle and effective approach to whole body health, to help reduce pain, improve mobility and promote healing

Author Topic: Marple Band  (Read 3944 times)

Peter

Marple Band
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2002, 10:10:44 AM »
As you have noticed there are a number of photos of the band available, I can't think of any though where names of the players are listed. Would you recognise your Gt Grandfather if you saw a photo of him?
If you can I can organise for you to see the ones that we have on a computer , that way you can magnify the image quite substantially to check faces.  Contact me if you wish to pursue this further.
There is of course a history of Marple band, (called "Gone Banding" I think),but I'm not sure though if copies are still available, perhaps someone out there can tell us.

enchantica

Marple Band
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2002, 08:04:41 AM »
Hi all
I believe my great grandfather Albert BRADSHAW (born 11 February 1885) played the trumpet in Marple band, although I've no idea when this would be.  Does anyone know anything about the history of the band.  I'm particularly interested in any photographs which might be available.  I have looked at the photographs on this site and would love to see them "blown up" a little so the details are clearer.
Enchantica