Marple Blasting Services | Blast Cleaning Stockport

Author Topic: Wedding Venue/ field space in Marple?  (Read 10961 times)

Stockport Classic Bus

Re: Wedding Venue/ field space in Marple?
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2013, 09:44:49 PM »
Hi all - just a minor point - the bus hired for the Roman Lakes wedding was Stockport Corporation not North Western! And we couldn't actually transport folks to the tea rooms….we dropped off at Mellor bus terminus for  drinkies at The Oddies first :-)

Apologies to those stuck behind us along Stockport Road….a 1958 bus, 47 passengers, a hill and 30 degrees celsius don't make for rapid transit!!

Darren

Stockport Classic Bus

Dave

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2013, 04:31:17 PM »
The car park may be excellent, but it's hard to imagine the Con Club fulfilling JEB's dream of
a spring, laid-back, vintage (think wild-flowers and lace!) wedding

alan@marple

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2013, 11:06:27 AM »
You could try the Conservative Club, it a good car park

guy

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2013, 12:14:35 PM »
wholeheartedly recommend Peruga - went to wedding there ten days ago, everything was perfect - food was excellent as was the service from staff. Extremely well organised by the Peruga people to ensure everything went off perfectly.

Dave

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2013, 08:06:50 AM »
Been to a wedding at mellor Parish in the field opposite with a marquee/tipi, the views are amazing and very rustic.

On a fine summer's day (well you can always hope!) this would the perfect place, I think. 

gazwhite

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 04:43:22 PM »
The Oak on Longhurst Lane in Mellor is a great venue. They have a mahooosive marquee too and a great relationship with 3rd party suppliers - so stuff like food if you're after a hog roast and entertainment/DJ/Disco etc.. All go hand in hand. I went to a wedding there last year and the setting was fab - managed to off load loads of love hearts from the house too! Went to Dave Myers 40th up there too and it was fab.

Totally different idea - why not approach Dermott from Libby's on Town Street - I'd love to have a function there and he can probs do something outdoor like on New Years Eve - right on the river side - perfecto.

Congratulations too by the way.

badger

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 12:47:27 PM »
The Roman Lakes Leisure Park held its first wedding reception last Saturday and it was a great day, with sunny weather, a hog roast , and a band. The couple hired the old North Western bus take them from the ceremony to the Lakes. Ring Rachael on 0161 427 2039 for information.   

richard

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 05:54:39 AM »
Been to a wedding at mellor Parish in the field opposite with a marquee/tipi, the views are amazing and very rustic.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 09:54:24 PM »
Dave Myers had his 40th Birthday Party in a big marquee at the back of the Royal Oak at Mellor recently.

The gardens were surprisingly large and it was a great event - worth a look.

My son got married at Peruga - that was a good venue too but in May (it was blowing a gale) we didn't get to see much of the gardens!

Another thought is Chadkirk Chapel - beautiful walled garden there, don't know if you can get married in the chapel.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

sgk

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 09:42:30 PM »
Hi

I'm looking to plan my wedding for next April/May (ish). I want to plan something very laid back, family & close friends only and nothing big and fancy. I always wanted a garden wedding but don't have the garden for it!

As I live in Marple I would love to be able to keep the wedding in the local area and if anyone knows of any hidden gems in the Marple area - pubs, b&b's, field for a marquee, anything really, that you think would be perfect for a spring, laid-back, vintage (think wild-flowers and lace!) wedding then I would love to hear about it.

Thank you!
Jen

Peruga on Glossop Road has the gardens and great food.

http://peruga.co.uk/weddings-events/

barndoor

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 09:39:21 PM »
Have you considered the British Legion? The wedding pictures with the canal and hills in the background will look amazing. I'm pretty sure the car park and grounds could be dressed for the occasion.

Postcode: SK6 6BX

JEB

Wedding Venue/ field space in Marple?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 08:58:28 PM »
Hi

I'm looking to plan my wedding for next April/May (ish). I want to plan something very laid back, family & close friends only and nothing big and fancy. I always wanted a garden wedding but don't have the garden for it!

As I live in Marple I would love to be able to keep the wedding in the local area and if anyone knows of any hidden gems in the Marple area - pubs, b&b's, field for a marquee, anything really, that you think would be perfect for a spring, laid-back, vintage (think wild-flowers and lace!) wedding then I would love to hear about it.

Thank you!
Jen