All your Marple and Stockport property and financial needs under one roof

Author Topic: Can anyone recommend.....  (Read 4992 times)

wardie

Can anyone recommend.....
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2004, 07:42:42 PM »
Many thanks for that, certinly sounds like Oakland are worth having a look at.

As a comparison, has anybody used or dealt with Conservatory Smith Ltd who have a showroom at Brookside Nursery, Poynton?

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2004, 05:33:26 PM »
Window companies are usually good at fitting windows. If you want a conservatory I would recommend using a conservatory company.

I had mine built by Oakland Conservatories, and I cannot praise them enough.  Their advice, pre sale, was excellent. The workmanship cannot be faulted, and everything was done as per the schedule.

Its no wonder that I have never heard anything but good reports about them. Call in at their small showroom for a chat about what you think you want, they are not pushy, or salesy, at all.

alan@marple

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2004, 01:07:58 AM »
I also used Perennial windows for home.

2 front leaded windows, rear lounge, kitchen, bathroom and new secure back door.

They were not the cheapest quote by £300.

I am glad that I did not accept a cheaper quote and I must say that the standard of work and the fitters who did the work were first class and did a super job. I would recommend this firm.

They are a local private company and deserve to succeed

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2004, 08:06:33 PM »
I've been very pleased with the work we've had done by local firm Perennial Windows. We've had them do two jobs for us - patio doors and 3 windows replaced - we intend to have them back to replace 3 more windows (the last) in the near future.

We have a great conservatory, built about 8 years ago, but the firm who built it (Fiesta) have gone out of business!
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

wardie

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2004, 07:16:58 PM »
Can anyone recommend or advise on a company for a conservatory?

Howard

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2004, 01:37:22 PM »
Don't know if you've found anyone yet, but I located this very useful page which might help:
http://www.ultimatedirectory.co.uk/stockport/loft-conversions.htm

John71

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2004, 06:00:23 PM »
Hey, thanks for your help.

I am going to give Adamsons ago. I just hope they are not to expensive.

Just an idea but maybe we could have a separate forum for recommending tradesmen....

Thanks again

John

alan@marple

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2004, 06:06:12 PM »
I read a notice stuck on a lamp post outside no 7 or  8 Lockside, It was advising that the resident of that address was applying for planning consent for a loft conversion, perhaps they might be able to give you some help.

I too was considering a loft conversion and the only firm I could get to quote me was also Adamson's, they provided me with a detailed estimate and quotation, they were not cheap but very professional.

Incidentally I have just had double glazing throughout and received fantastic service from Perennial Windows at Marple. They were not the cheapest but standard or workmanship was exceptional

Peter

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2004, 10:39:29 AM »
After failing to get any local firm to even turn up to give me a quote I got Adamsons of Staleybridge to do my conversion. Not cheap but a first class job!

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004, 05:38:50 PM »
Hello

Can any of you good folk recommend a company that do loft conversions in the Marple area??

Thanking you in advance.

John