A gentle and effective approach to whole body health, to help reduce pain, improve mobility and promote healing

Author Topic: Burglaries in Marple area  (Read 5322 times)

amazon

Re: Burglaries in Marple area
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2013, 08:50:28 PM »
A number of recent burglaries in the Station Road/Hollins Green Road area (including us). Nothing unlocked, they just smashed their way into the house. Any information gratefully received as it is terrifying to think what would have happened if our children had been alone in the house at the time.

There was one behind Compstall cricketclub last week just walked in when she answered the door tied the lady up . . Beware these are pretty violent criminals .

hollins

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2013, 10:29:51 PM »
A number of recent burglaries in the Station Road/Hollins Green Road area (including us). Nothing unlocked, they just smashed their way into the house. Any information gratefully received as it is terrifying to think what would have happened if our children had been alone in the house at the time.

bat man

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2013, 07:06:16 PM »
It's a covert operation....

wheels

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 01:10:39 PM »
1K is certainly not out the way for what you could be paying for a cycle. It would be difficult to get anything reasonable for less than £750

Cyberman

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 08:16:35 AM »
Not sure if it's the case here, but some mountain bikes can be "worth" getting on for £1k. Apparently some keen cyclists post details of their journeys (routes, times, speeds etc) on cycling-orientated social network sites. The crims can then work out where the bike owners live, then nick the bikes. Simples.

Bluezorro

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 11:54:20 PM »
Pushbikes stolen presumably for scrap!!???

I will have a pint of what you have been drinking.

Rachael

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 02:41:20 PM »
A male has been arrested in relation to a number of burglaries in the Marple area, he has currently been released on strict police bail whilst enquiries continue.

( Taken from the Stockport GMP facebook page this morning )

Rachael

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 04:56:48 PM »
Break in on Woodville Drive,  late night  25th or early hours of the 26th of March .  Spoke to the community officer, who told me that they think its possibly a  gang coming over from Derbyshire, and are working with police in that area .

Alot of pushbikes are being stolen, presumably for scrap, but there has been house break ins where jewelry etc are taken.   Thats three on Woodville that I know of since Christmas :(  , there are probably more .

Advice from support officer, even though it seems obvious, is make sure all your doors and windows are locked, and make sure your sheds and garages are locked up too, she told me the amount of people that leave them unlocked is more than you would think .

Duke Fame

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 02:00:02 PM »
Police are warning of a spate of burglaries in the Marple area.

Their tweet reads "We have had some burglaries recently in the marple area there are high visibility patrols in the area.".

https://twitter.com/GMPStockEast

Could have fooled me. I've not seen a police presence in Marple for a long time.

Just a warning, After a spate of Garden break ins, I placed a bucket of water ofer our garden entrance on the basis the assailant may get hypothermia in hte cold weather last month. All that happened was the water turned to ice & a blocken block of ice was found on ht edrive in hte morning.

If you are laying traps, make them suitable for the weather .

Harry

Burglaries in Marple area
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 01:42:50 PM »
Police are warning of a spate of burglaries in the Marple area.

Their tweet reads "We have had some burglaries recently in the marple area there are high visibility patrols in the area.".

https://twitter.com/GMPStockEast

Could have fooled me. I've not seen a police presence in Marple for a long time.