Marple based web design | Websites That Work For You!

Author Topic: Parking Around Rose Hill School  (Read 21533 times)

rsh

Re: Parking Around Rose Hill School
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2015, 03:23:13 PM »
Pity it wasn't the ridiculously large horse box that is parked there on a regular basis. Totally inappropriate for that small road and just laziness on the owners part when they have a large yard to park in.
Ah yes, so I'm not the only person who finds that a nuisance.

Cycling along there between 3-4pm is the best agility and alertness test you can get!

amazon

« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2015, 08:03:40 PM »
Pity it wasn't the ridiculously large horse box that is parked there on a regular basis. Totally inappropriate for that small road and just laziness on the owners part when they have a large yard to park in.

A good sign if the traffic wardens have reappeared - if only for a little while.
Go and see your councillor at the library on a sat morning  . they can do wonders ive been told .

Middle wood

« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2015, 05:31:35 PM »

A good sign if the traffic wardens have reappeared - if only for a little while.

SHM

« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2015, 11:27:10 AM »
Saw a vehicle being ticketed on Brickbridge Rd the other week.

Made. My. Day  :)

In an ideal world I'd have had the time to wait for the owner to return and done some pointing and laughing.
(actually, in an ideal world it would have been towed away and crushed to the size of a satsuma).

amazon

« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2015, 12:32:03 PM »
It would make no difference at all. It is already illegal to park on double yellow lines, but the good people of Marple seem to think it doesn't apply to them. Just look at the Bowdon Lane entrance to Rose Hill school at in/out time; the top of Bowdon Lane where it meets Stockport Road; Hollins Lane; Church Lane for examples.

Its illegal to park on the zig zags at a pelican crossing. Its rare during the day that someone isn't parked on the zig zags outside the Post Office.

What we desperately need in Marple is a Traffic Warden (or whatever they're called these days).

There is a trafic warden around she was booking cars on the Hollins on tuesday bus stops .problem is they cant be there all the time they cover other areas .

Dizzy Penguin

« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2015, 10:25:35 AM »
I'd agree with that Harry. You'd think it would pay for itself and some!

I saw one in Marple last week, on Church Lane.

Inspecting a car parked outside Coral.

I gave him a wedgie!

(Nb: one of those statements is untrue)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2015, 09:35:31 AM »
What we desperately need in Marple is a Traffic Warden (or whatever they're called these days).

I'd agree with that Harry. You'd think it would pay for itself and some!
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Harry

« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2015, 09:21:12 AM »
On 4th December there is a bill going before Parliament that will strengthen the laws around parking on pavements. Living Streets has a campaign to help you write to your local MP, in our case @William Wragg , to encourage him to vote for the new bill that will make it illegal to park on the pavement unless the street has been designated as acceptable for pavement parking.

This could be a big help to enforcing a stop to the chaos at Rose Hill School in the mornings and afternoons and at other places around Marple where this is a serious problem.

Follow the link to write to William:

http://e-activist.com/ea-action/action?ea.client.id=1719&ea.campaign.id=44181&ea.tracking.id=e-pic&ea.url.id=487878

It would make no difference at all. It is already illegal to park on double yellow lines, but the good people of Marple seem to think it doesn't apply to them. Just look at the Bowdon Lane entrance to Rose Hill school at in/out time; the top of Bowdon Lane where it meets Stockport Road; Hollins Lane; Church Lane for examples.

Its illegal to park on the zig zags at a pelican crossing. Its rare during the day that someone isn't parked on the zig zags outside the Post Office.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2015, 06:32:12 AM »
On 4th December there is a bill going before Parliament that will strengthen the laws around parking on pavements. Living Streets has a campaign to help you write to your local MP, in our case @William Wragg , to encourage him to vote for the new bill that will make it illegal to park on the pavement unless the street has been designated as acceptable for pavement parking.

This could be a big help to enforcing a stop to the chaos at Rose Hill School in the mornings and afternoons and at other places around Marple where this is a serious problem.

Follow the link to write to William:

http://e-activist.com/ea-action/action?ea.client.id=1719&ea.campaign.id=44181&ea.tracking.id=e-pic&ea.url.id=487878
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

SHM

« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2015, 01:46:10 PM »
My eldest went to Rose Hill pre-school a few years ago, and both my boys will be at All Saints from September. I remember the parent parking being pretty shocking around Rose Hill a few years ago. These days, there are always cars parked on the single yellow lines on Brickbridge Road during the restricted times (i.e. during the school-run), and on the hill between All Saints church and the school.

The inconsiderate/dangerous parkers generally seem to be the arrogant/ignorant/self-righteous type (delete as appropriate) who don't respond to having the issue politely pointed out to them other than with a blank look or swearing. I presume due to having an IQ beginnig with a decimal point.

I would happily contribute to the school fitting some CCTV cameras. Or even just some fake ones, with signs stating the road is being monitored and vehicle details are being passed to the police for dangerous/illegal parking instances.

Of course, addressing the utter laziness of many parents is a different matter. My wife walks my kids to school and often sees close neighbours driving the same route - by the time they've faffed about parking they're no earlier than if they'd walked.

Utter madness  :)

alison

« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2015, 10:20:22 PM »
Whatever happened when we all walked to school?  We live a mile from Rosehill and our children walked both ways most days - and didn't complain!  Also, none of them were 'chubby' to put it politely.

Oh we did complain a bit, maybe not within earshot though! I quite liked the walk to school mainly though, especially saying hello to Sam the dog, and walking through the field!

JMC

« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2015, 06:10:53 PM »
On the way to school this morning my granddaughter was nearly hit by a car turning into the Dentist's car park on Elmfield Drive and immediately after that another vehicle mounted the pavement alongside my 3 grandchildren and drove alongside them for about 10-12 metres getting closer and closer as it pulled about 3 feet onto the pavement. It looked like they would have been hit if I hadn't shouted at them to stop. I spoke to the driver and received a blank look.

This road has a parking restriction on it during school arrival and departure times but everyone seems to think it doesn't mean them. This habit of mounting the kerb so that you don't block the road but do block or restrict the pavement is totally inconsiderate to pedestrians everywhere but particularly so on a road that is a main pedestrian access to a school

This is the same problem exactly that I had when my children were at Rose Hill. Some parents didn't seem to give a damn about other people's kids lives. This problem also ocurred very often at the Guide Hut when big cars would mount the kerb as I walked past with my children. It is so selfish.

At All Saints' it isn't quite as bad but there are drivers on the yellow lines and zigzags every day and drivers forcing people with prams into the road. Also one of the mums is very often driving whilst holding her mobile. Same one mounts kerbs.

Headteachers often mention this in the newsletters (Ludworth, All Saints' and Rose Hill) but not sure what they can do.

I think sometimes people feel too safe in cars and are far removed from thinking they could ever be involved in an accident and how horrific that may be. Either that or they are just very selfish people who think they should drive their precious child right to the school door whilst putting others at risk!

JMC

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2015, 06:02:38 PM »
Whatever happened when we all walked to school?  We live a mile from Rosehill and our children walked both ways most days - and didn't complain!  Also, none of them were 'chubby' to put it politely.

People mostly used to go to their local schools. Now, it seems almost normal for some parents to 'shop around' for the 'best' school. Eg many parents drive a long way to Ludworth as it is 'outstanding' rather than use their more local school. This is harder now as there are less places avaliable and some admissions criteria have changed. I personally prefer local schools and college and we use catchment even though they used to be very low rated.

Barbara

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2015, 08:25:07 PM »

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2015, 04:20:12 PM »
I would suggest that if one or two people complain to police, council and school (who should pass the complaints onto police and council too) nothing will happen but if there is a a steady flow of complaints from lots of residents and people who use Elmfield Drive to access the school on foot then they will be forced to act. So ring 101 and report it to the police, email your local councillors and complain to the school.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website