A.C.M. Financial Services Ltd - for all aspects of financial planning

Author Topic: Tree Stumps Removal Required  (Read 7531 times)

Howard

Re: Tree Stumps Removal Required
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2013, 09:05:47 AM »
have you tried Dave Myers .or bartletts tree stump removers .
From my experience Dave has been very responsive and quoted a very reasonable price for work he did for me. I had a tree come down in my back garden. Dave and his colleague managed to fit me in the next day, removed the trunk and assorted debris, tidied up the remnants of the tree stump and even took away a couple of old Christmas trees which hadn't gone for recycling yet.

alan@marple

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2013, 12:02:08 AM »
Having received some well intentioned recommendations for tree stump removal, unfortunately I have not had the courtesy of a promised call from a well known tree surgeon. This is the second time that I have attempted to get a quote- perhaps my job is too small for the "experts". So unfortunately I shall have to support some other trader out of town.

I am sick of some Marple traders, who have let me down with double glazing, roofing, plumbing, fencing and metal gates and other home improvement works.

"Village community"  what a joke!

I'm not saying this is what's happened - just a theory...

Maybe suppliers look at this site too and see the amount of crap and venom that is spouted from various users, and so decide to be 'picky' who they work for - avoiding being victims or 'trial by the Marple chat forum'

Best thing to do is hide your identity and post anything negative through that like many others do :-)

Hope you sort your stump out Alan.
Well it would seem from the tone of Alan @ / from Romiley?, that I 'may' be guilty of being a bad local trader??? on the description of two stumps (a couple of feet) proud of the ground, sounds like a DIY job that has gone wrong or can't be bothered finishing!! If I receive an email request with pictures, I always respond, but have not received one from a disgruntled mystery man with nowt better to do other than clog the forum with nonsense 'just trawled my emails, so its not me unless its gone into the 'junk mail'. I then deal with the request either way it and arrange a site visit etc.  What more can I say??? I am David Myers by the way, not a mystery blogger, have you heard of me???

Yes Mr Myers I have heard of you. I have no comment to make to you, as you have done nothing for me. As you know there is more than one tree surgeon in the area- I wish you well
on your walk

David myers

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2013, 06:52:13 PM »
Having received some well intentioned recommendations for tree stump removal, unfortunately I have not had the courtesy of a promised call from a well known tree surgeon. This is the second time that I have attempted to get a quote- perhaps my job is too small for the "experts". So unfortunately I shall have to support some other trader out of town.

I am sick of some Marple traders, who have let me down with double glazing, roofing, plumbing, fencing and metal gates and other home improvement works.

"Village community"  what a joke!

Maybe suppliers look at this site too and see the amount of crap and venom that is spouted from various users, and so decide to be 'picky' who they work for - avoiding being victims or 'trial by the Marple chat forum'

Best thing to do is hide your identity and post anything negative through that like many others do :-)

Well it would seem from the tone of Alan @ / from Romiley?, that I 'may' be guilty of being a bad local trader??? on the description of two stumps (a couple of feet) proud of the ground, sounds like a DIY job that has gone wrong or can't be bothered finishing!! If I receive an email request with pictures, I always respond, but have not received one from a disgruntled mystery man with nowt better to do other than clog the forum with nonsense 'just trawled my emails, so its not me unless its gone into the 'junk mail'. I then deal with the request either way it and arrange a site visit etc.  What more can I say??? I am David Myers by the way, not a mystery blogger, have you heard of me???

alan@marple

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2013, 03:32:40 PM »
Arundel Tree Surgeons came this morning and removed two stumps for me.The men were efficient, smart and very pleasant in nature.
Thanks to all for the recommendations.

alan@marple

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2013, 06:55:02 PM »
Thanks to Bowden Guy, Gaz and others. Arundel Tree Surgeons came as promised and have arranged for the stump removal.

gazwhite

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2013, 02:14:17 PM »
Stump sorted yet?

alan@marple

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2013, 03:26:34 PM »
Alan, I can certainly recommend Arundel Tree Surgeons - they have trimmed my Ash tree on two separate occasions over the past 5 years and have also cut down a smaller tree for me in 2012. Realistic prices and excellent service. They can be contacted on 01457 865610.  They guy who runs it is Peter Duckworth. Best wishes.
Bowden Guy, thanks for your tip, I have contacted Arundel Tree surgeons who have arranged to come and see me on Monday

alan@marple

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2013, 07:06:31 PM »
Thanks for your comments Gaz, I will get it sorted, I am not "stumped "yet

gazwhite

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2013, 09:32:38 PM »

Bowden Guy

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2013, 05:58:56 PM »
Alan, I can certainly recommend Arundel Tree Surgeons - they have trimmed my Ash tree on two separate occasions over the past 5 years and have also cut down a smaller tree for me in 2012. Realistic prices and excellent service. They can be contacted on 01457 865610.  They guy who runs it is Peter Duckworth. Best wishes.

alan@marple

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 04:03:45 PM »

alan@marple

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 01:19:00 PM »
Thanks for that Amazon

amazon

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 12:54:56 PM »
Thanks fopr that Amazon, I am aware of the existence of David Myers, where will I find Bartletts?

Hi alan they have a website .or Mble no is 0845 600 9000  alan I must just say I have no connection with Bartletts I know quite a few that's used them and been happy with there work .
Hope this helps

alan@marple

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 12:35:15 PM »
Thanks fopr that Amazon, I am aware of the existence of David Myers, where will I find Bartletts?

amazon

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 12:39:37 PM »
I have two Conifer tree stumps that I want removing and for the debris to be taken away.

each stump is about 18" high by about 12" diameter. One is in centre of lawn and the other in a rockery at a house in Romiley.

I have previously asked for quotes for other tree work and sent photographs of required work to a local tree surgeon, but I assume he did not get my email as I did not get a reply.

I was going to hire a stump grinder, but I have back trouble.

Any quotes or recommendations will be gratefully received

have you tried Dave Myers .or bartletts tree stump removers .