Market Research Company | Marple Stockport

Author Topic: Where have the 7608 gone????  (Read 25313 times)

sooty2

Re: Where have the 7608 gone????
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2013, 11:58:57 PM »
It's not easy to make sense of, is it.   ::)  However, my guess is that the addresses in capitals, which have a date in the column on the left headed 'Consultation Letter Sent', are those near the site who were automatically sent a neighbour consultation letter.  The other addresses are mostly in lower case, and without a date beside them, and those are the responses from the rest of us.  I scrolled down and eventually found mine, and I had responded electronically on the council website.

Glad to see I'm on with my neighbor two votes for Asda
Look at some of the addresses one from leyland and Hyde  ,as I said a the time. A lot won't be from round hear .fidling the list
Wow Amazon, How do you know how they voted? Do tell.

wheels

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2013, 11:48:28 PM »
In advance of the forthcoming Area Committee meeting on 6 February, I see that MIA have posted the following claim on the 'Latest News' thread:  'This is your opportunity to show the Councillors who remain neutral on the issue of a Hibbert Lane supermarket, that the majority of people in Marple oppose that development.'

The population of Marple is around 23,500.  392 people have objected to the planning application.  At the risk of stating the obvious, 392 is not a majority of 23,500.   

Correct Dave. MiA will also whip people up to think that the meeting has some significance when it fact all that will happen is that it will refer the application to the Planning Committee. The only reason its being held as a special meeting is so that the business of the normal meeting is not disrupted

Dave

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2013, 11:12:41 PM »
In advance of the forthcoming Area Committee meeting on 6 February, I see that MIA have posted the following claim on the 'Latest News' thread:  'This is your opportunity to show the Councillors who remain neutral on the issue of a Hibbert Lane supermarket, that the majority of people in Marple oppose that development.'

The population of Marple is around 23,500.  392 people have objected to the planning application.  At the risk of stating the obvious, 392 is not a majority of 23,500.   

nbt

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2013, 06:45:13 PM »
I too responded by email and have no date in the "letter sent" column. My wife also responded, yet our address only appears once
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

jethroh65

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 06:22:19 PM »
It's not easy to make sense of, is it.   ::)  However, my guess is that the addresses in capitals, which have a date in the column on the left headed 'Consultation Letter Sent', are those near the site who were automatically sent a neighbour consultation letter.  The other addresses are mostly in lower case, and without a date beside them, and those are the responses from the rest of us.  I scrolled down and eventually found mine, and I had responded electronically on the council website.

Glad to see I'm on with my neighbor two votes for Asda .
So given that everyone had the opportunity to respond, those for 58 those against 392. The proposal is duly rejected  ;D

amazon

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 02:47:14 PM »
It's not easy to make sense of, is it.   ::)  However, my guess is that the addresses in capitals, which have a date in the column on the left headed 'Consultation Letter Sent', are those near the site who were automatically sent a neighbour consultation letter.  The other addresses are mostly in lower case, and without a date beside them, and those are the responses from the rest of us.  I scrolled down and eventually found mine, and I had responded electronically on the council website.

Glad to see I'm on with my neighbor two votes for Asda
Look at some of the addresses one from leyland and Hyde  ,as I said a the time. A lot won't be from round hear .fidling the list

amazon

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 02:37:58 PM »
It's not easy to make sense of, is it.   ::)  However, my guess is that the addresses in capitals, which have a date in the column on the left headed 'Consultation Letter Sent', are those near the site who were automatically sent a neighbour consultation letter.  The other addresses are mostly in lower case, and without a date beside them, and those are the responses from the rest of us.  I scrolled down and eventually found mine, and I had responded electronically on the council website.

Glad to see I'm on with my neighbor two votes for Asda .

Dave

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 09:30:21 AM »

Cyberman

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 08:36:10 AM »
I don't know if the "list of consultees" in the above link is everyone who has responded, but if so my address isn't there and I responded by e-mail before the deadline. Perhaps the numbers don't include e-mail responses, or perhaps mine (and others) were lost?

Bluezorro

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 11:09:28 PM »
I would have thought that having a few thousand objections would add more weight in objection.

Shame more of the 8000 did'nt make the effort.

wheels

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 10:54:23 PM »
http://planning.stockport.gov.uk/PlanningData/AcolNetCGI.gov?ACTION=UNWRAP&RIPNAME=Root.PgeNeighbours&TheSystemkey=116256

8000 on petition but only 392 objected to planning?????????

WOW that is quite a collapse from all those in the park, all those stalls in the street, all the verbage.

Bluezorro

Where have the 7608 gone????
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 10:50:13 PM »