A gentle and effective approach to whole body health, to help reduce pain, improve mobility and promote healing

Author Topic: Best resturants and pubs in marple  (Read 16569 times)

orangewhip

Re: Best resturants and pubs in marple
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2008, 02:45:33 PM »
Touche, each to his own experiences, his own truth, which is 'rarely pure and never simple' to quote Wilde.   

::)

Mike W

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2008, 12:58:53 PM »
I posted the truth about Murillos some time back, it may even have been a couple of years now, and from what I hear recently the situation is still the same there.  For shame.

I'm impressed that you can offer 'the truth', as well as hearsay.  I can speak only from my own actual experiences, which appear to be rather different.  Each to his own. 

orangewhip

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2008, 12:23:12 PM »
Just out of interest 'orangewhip', did you revisit the Ringers as proposed on your recent return and do you still have negative views of it?

Unfortunately Rudolph I have had to postpone my visit to the Ringers due to dalliances too numerous to mention, but I will definitely head over there the next time I return to Marple for a weekend and post a full assessment thereafter.  I posted the truth about Murillos some time back, it may even have been a couple of years now, and from what I hear recently the situation is still the same there.  For shame.

:-* 

Mike W

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2008, 06:17:23 PM »
I'm always bemused by the negative reports Murillo's receives on this forum.  I've been going there pretty regularly since it opened (10 years or more?), and I've never had a bad meal and rarely had less than excellent service.  My experiences in most other Marple restaurants - though most are worth a visit - have been much more mixed. 

Mike

Rudolph Hucker

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2008, 10:45:24 AM »
Just out of interest 'orangewhip', did you revisit the Ringers as proposed on your recent return and do you still have negative views of it? I went there to sample the new Chef's offerings and remain convinced it is the best pub meal in Marple itself (for when I don't want to walk to the Romper or the Sportsmans, both of which make peasant, but not necessarily superior, alternatives).

Personally I wouldn't return to Murillo's after too many unsatisfactory visits but wouldn't put others off going, but by way of a quick P.S. I do like the Kinaray.....

Harry

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2008, 08:42:12 AM »
I recently went to Murillos, as part of a group of four, and we all had a marvellous meal.

The staff were attentive, without rushing us. We had the table for about 3 hours.  The food was excellent. Couldn’t be faulted. Well cooked, well presented and generous portions. Oh, and a very varied menu. Definitely spoilt for choice. We will be going back

The Edge has, for many years, been my favourite Marple restaurant. Now I have two to choose from.

orangewhip

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2008, 10:08:50 AM »
In terms of restaurants, the Kinaray does a decent curry, avoid Murillos unless you enjoy paying for the experience of being rushed and insulted, Marple House is good for chinese and Dolce Vita is passable for a bit of Italian. 

Best pubs in Marple are The Hatters and The Railway, Ring O Bells used to be great but has gone dramatically downhill recently. 

Andy W

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2008, 12:25:39 AM »
I would just like to stick up for Brambles in Marple having read some of the negative comments about it. It is a lovely little place run by a really lovely lady, Nicky. She makes a real fuss over our very young children and treats them like V.I.P's, which they are! So what if pushchairs are banned, we've never found that a problem. The food is delicious,(Gordon Ramsey would be proud!), it is cooked fresh and the menu has just the right amount of choice. As for the coffee,well, that hits all the right notes, gorgeous! We frequent there very regularly and always look forward to it. Highly recommended. :)

Tricky

Best resturants and pubs in marple
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2004, 02:15:11 PM »
Compstall social club has JW Lees which isn't bad.

Just undergoing a re-furb too..
meh

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2004, 04:38:30 PM »
Alan,

The Hare & Hounds, on Dooley Lane, sells a lovely pint of Hyde's, and its within walking distance.  

The food is quite good too.

alan@marple

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2004, 06:56:58 PM »
Robinson's Monopoly:

A good pint of Robbie's is superb, as I experienced in the Windsor Castle last week, but I find this particular brew very temperamental. I understand that Robinson's will not allow other draught beer to be sold in there houses.

I welcome the opportunity to have a change now and again and would like not to have to go beyond walking distance to enjoy a pint of "Boddies" " Hyde's and Holts and even Marstons is there any hope for the future, perhaps a deal between the breweries?

Dave

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2004, 12:55:52 PM »
Agree with Tom - the best choice of decent beers in this area must be the Sportsmans in Strines - they seem to have an ever changing range of guest beers, and they are usually in good condition nowadays.

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2004, 01:42:26 PM »
I can certainly recommend The Devonshire.

A friendly welcome, good beer, extensive menu with ample portions, beautiful food and all very reasonably priced.

Another good thing - no smoking in the eating areas.

Only downside, if you live in Marple, somebody probably has to drive.

Deniseam

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2004, 11:18:12 AM »
The Oddfellows in Mellor has guest beers. ':p'

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2004, 12:56:14 PM »
Just to add a few comments about beer in Marple.
As good a beer as Robinsons undoubtedly is,some variety in the choice of cask conditioned real ales in Marple centre  would be more than welcome.Currently six pubs, but all Robinsons.

However for those who would like a bit of variety now and then the Sportsmans in Strines has a changing range of different real ales and the Hare and Hounds at Otterspool has Hydes beers on offer.

Yet another longstanding and ageing Camra member.