Cole and Fox Interior Design Marple | Romiley | Stockport

Author Topic: More scaremongering by MIA  (Read 14188 times)

Victor M

Re: More scaremongering by MIA
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 10:52:19 AM »
I understand the following flyer has been published by MIA.
What makes you think it's from MIA, there is no logo on it or anything that states it's from MIA?

Dave

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 10:50:34 PM »
It may even turn out to be counter-productive. It's so hysterical and over the top that no-one in their right mind will take any of it seriously. 

JMC

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 10:47:47 PM »

It's not a proposed megastore at all, and I fail to understand:

a) How a supermarket on Hibbert Lane will cause 'a massive increase in traffic', but one of equal size on Trinity St. won't.

b) Where they get the statistics about house prices, and again, why don't they affect the people of Chadwick St?

c) How on earth does any supermarket affect the Library, Swimming Pool or Post Office?

They should be ashamed of themselves for this blatant scaremongering.

I totally agree with you. Where is the evidence for their claims? Also don't know why they attack Asda personally, they were as bad when they thought it was Tesco! I also don't get how they are not against Chadwick Street when it is the same size yet may well cause more traffic problems. Will kids on Chadwick Street be able to play in the street? Perhaps they want Asda turned down and then they will protest about Chadwick Street? Who knows, there is no logic to it..

tina

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 09:52:31 PM »
I've just asked the very same question Harry, I think its shocking

Harry

More scaremongering by MIA
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 09:42:39 PM »

It's not a proposed megastore at all, and I fail to understand:

a) How a supermarket on Hibbert Lane will cause 'a massive increase in traffic', but one of equal size on Trinity St. won't.

b) Where they get the statistics about house prices, and again, why don't they affect the people of Chadwick St?

c) How on earth does any supermarket affect the Library, Swimming Pool or Post Office?

They should be ashamed of themselves for this blatant scaremongering.