Michelle Reynolds Podiatrist, Marple

Author Topic: Chapel House Farm Compstall  (Read 3926 times)

Optymystic

Re: Chapel House Farm Compstall
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 01:32:50 PM »
Their Wedding was at St. Pauls Werneth, which is the Church in Compstall, so you may well be correct that Chapel Farm House rather than Chapel House Farm is the location.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Re: Chapel House Farm Compstall
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 12:28:39 PM »
The references to Chapel House Farm on the web site are all (I think) relating to Chapel House Farm on Brick Bridge Road, near the junction of the Peak Forest and Macclesfield Canal.

You have mentioned Compstall in your post title and at first I thought you must be confused by the info that you had, as the above is not in Compstall. However, a quick Internet search reveals that there is a house on School Lane Compstall called Chapel Farm House.

So I think the first step is to try and clarify which of these it is - hopefully from the info that you have.

We have a gentleman called Ray who uses the forum who knows a lot about Chapel House Farm Marple, but I don't know if his knowledge stretches to Compstall or not - I look forward to finding out what he and other locals may be able to tell you.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Optymystic

Chapel House Farm Compstall
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 12:11:18 PM »
There are a several references on the site to Chapel House Farm. I have two relatives who gave this as their address at a wedding in 1915. One was a hatter, the other a cotton tenter, whatever that was. They had no obvious connection to farming. Does anyone know what Chapel House farm was used for in WW1?