A gentle and effective approach to whole body health, to help reduce pain, improve mobility and promote healing

Author Topic: Ring o' Bells  (Read 8167 times)

My login is Henrietta

Re: Ring o' Bells
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2012, 06:47:41 AM »
It was I who left the last review on Tripadvisor.
For price/quality/atmosphere its the best eating pub in Marple..
Haven't been in the Ringers for over 30 years but will have to goa nd check it out after reading all this. However, looking at the Tripadvisor site, I feel that using an unappetising, sad, soggy half-cooked meat pudding as an illustration of the food available may have been a mistake!

nbt

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2012, 07:56:43 PM »
This seems a good opportunity to remind users that negative comments about local businesses are not accepted on this forum, especially from anonymous users. This section of the forum is for recommendations.

That should go both ways, those who have an interest in making positive comments should be required to declare their poisition - for instance the landlord of a local pub coming on and saying how good it is withough using his real name...
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

wheels

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2012, 08:30:19 PM »
I didn't mean to offend anybody by my last post, however as good a pub as it is, and it is a good pub. I feel that the eating experience is not as good as other offerings In Marple. This Is purely subjective and is a personal opinion and not an attack on a small local business.

Well I think its the best in terms of quality for a pub i know what you mean re the experience and ambiance but very few puts deliver on that

richard

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2012, 08:27:06 PM »
I didn't mean to offend anybody by my last post, however as good a pub as it is, and it is a good pub. I feel that the eating experience is not as good as other offerings In Marple. This Is purely subjective and is a personal opinion and not an attack on a small local business.

ROTHERS

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2012, 03:56:14 PM »
It was I who left the last review on Tripadvisor.
For price/quality/atmosphere its the best eating pub in Marple..

JMC

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2012, 12:11:59 PM »
I like the Ringers too. Our family have had several family parties there over the last few years and it has been perfect.

wheels

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 10:16:12 AM »
This seems a good opportunity to remind users that negative comments about local businesses are not accepted on this forum, especially from anonymous users. This section of the forum is for recommendations. As I have said many times before, if you wish to post something negative then I may leave it on if you include your real name, address, telephone number and email address so that the target of your comments can get in touch with you (instead of me) to discuss them with you.

My own view on the Ring o' Bells is that it is an exceptionally good community pub, probably the best in Marple, and I am looking forward to several pints of well kept bitter this evening at the quiz night that will raise funds for Friends of Marple Memorial Park. During the current landlord's tencancy, and previous ones, the Ringers has raised substantial amounts of money for the Friends of the Park and many other local charities and good causes.

I like nothing better than criticising poor local business. But the Ring o' Bell really !!!!!!! Its an outstanding hostelry with good food and service.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 07:00:22 AM »
This seems a good opportunity to remind users that negative comments about local businesses are not accepted on this forum, especially from anonymous users. This section of the forum is for recommendations. As I have said many times before, if you wish to post something negative then I may leave it on if you include your real name, address, telephone number and email address so that the target of your comments can get in touch with you (instead of me) to discuss them with you.

My own view on the Ring o' Bells is that it is an exceptionally good community pub, probably the best in Marple, and I am looking forward to several pints of well kept bitter this evening at the quiz night that will raise funds for Friends of Marple Memorial Park. During the current landlord's tencancy, and previous ones, the Ringers has raised substantial amounts of money for the Friends of the Park and many other local charities and good causes.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Tricky

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 10:44:30 PM »
meh

marveld

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 10:40:23 PM »
Really. What restaurants are they rated against. At best I would say below average.

Click on the link in the previous post!!!

richard

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 10:04:32 PM »
Really. What restaurants are they rated against. At best I would say below average.

sgk

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 06:12:20 PM »
The Ring O' Bells is receiving excellent reviews on Tripadvisor for the food and The Bell party Narrowboat

Yes, ranked number 1 of 8 restaurants in Marple.  Well deserved.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g1118256-d3183144-Reviews-Ring_o_Bells-Marple_Cheshire_England.html

jet

Ring o' Bells
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 05:28:27 PM »
The Ring O' Bells is receiving excellent reviews on Tripadvisor for the food and The Bell party Narrowboat