Brabyns Preparatory School -Nurture. Engage. Achieve.

Author Topic: Attempted Break-ins Woodville Drive Area  (Read 3619 times)

Lily

Re: Attempted Break-ins Woodville Drive Area
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 10:31:00 AM »
I have managed a Neighbourhood Watch Group for a while.

I first contacted the local PCSO's on 0161 427 0115 (leave a message and they will get back to you).

I wrote to all the neighbours in the area I felt I could cover and asked for names, addresses, emergency contact numbers and email addresses.

The PCSO's came and chatted to a small group of us in my house (large meetings are not necessary) and we appointed a co-coordinator.

We had to fill a form in for Stockport Council as they have a Stockport Safer Partnership coordinator who sometimes emails or sends info out by post. SSP require the full details of the coordinators. They only need the names (and addresses, if I remember rightly) of the other members.

All the members of the group have a list of relevant names, addresses and emergency contact numbers (in our case, only the coordinators have the email addresses of members).

The PCSO's email reports of incidents in the Marple area to the coordinators which we forward on to most of the group by email.  A couple of members do no have Internet access so I print out a condensed copy of the info and pop it through their door.

If anything has happened within our area then the members contact me and/or the PCSO's as soon as possible and we circulate the info.  It has helped when there has been some suspicious activity locally.

Some insurance companies offer a small discount for members of Neighbourhood Watch Groups (ask when renewing).

Basically, it's very easy to manage and takes very little time.

Hope this helps.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2012, 07:54:27 AM »
Mark, I would be interested in getting involved on a homewatch scheme on our road, Im a bit clueless how to get the ball rolling, but if you know, then count me in :)

These sites seem to be the most informative:

www.gmp.police.uk/mainsite/pages/homewatch.htm

www.ourwatch.org.uk/

Unfortunately I don't have time to take the lead on this but I will support anyone that does. I think my wife may be interested in helping too.

It seems that the key person would be the local coordinator, who most of the work will fall to.

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Rachael

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 05:50:36 PM »
Mark, I would be interested in getting involved on a homewatch scheme on our road, Im a bit clueless how to get the ball rolling, but if you know, then count me in :)

tina

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 10:42:30 AM »
Thurs evening also a attempted break in on Bridge way  around 10pm.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 07:28:58 PM »
I thought it was, or it used to be a Homewatch area.

As far as I know it hasn't been for many years. Maybe time to start again.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

jethroh65

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 06:37:31 PM »
There was an attempted break-in in the Woodville Drive / Brydges Road area last night. I spoke to the police in attendance and they advised that this area is a "popular" target at the moment and residents should take extra care and also consider setting up a Homewatch Group.

So, make sure your doors are locked and burglar alarms are on!
I thought it was, or it used to be a Homewatch area.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Attempted Break-ins Woodville Drive Area
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 03:35:11 PM »
There was an attempted break-in in the Woodville Drive / Brydges Road area last night. I spoke to the police in attendance and they advised that this area is a "popular" target at the moment and residents should take extra care and also consider setting up a Homewatch Group.

So, make sure your doors are locked and burglar alarms are on!

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website