A.C.M. Financial Services Ltd - for all aspects of financial planning

Author Topic: MIA political bias?  (Read 17203 times)

simonesaffron

Re: MIA political bias?
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2012, 07:10:53 AM »

Dave, I think (no I know) that if you look into Councillor Candler statement/s properly instead of "reacting". In fact you could do something really radical and contact the Councillor, himself - he is very available; phone, email, surgeries and I personally am always seeing him around Marple.You will find that he strongly believes that the land was gifted in 1992 for "education purposes" and should remain as such. He is an ex Teacher/Head himself. Perhaps you are making an enemy out of somebody that is actually on your side. I don't actually know this for sure but I "think" that his preferred option would have been to work with the College so that a way around its financial difficulties could be found - but the College would not listen as they were set on selling the land.

Whilst you are posting copious emails on this site -why don't you just send ONE to:

cllr.martin.candler@stockport.gov.uk

Dave

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2012, 10:47:33 PM »
I see that in his statement on the 'Latest news' thread, Cllr Candler writes: 'Personally, I have always opposed the development of the College site in Hibbert Lane, be it for a supermarket or housing.'

So that's it then.  The good councillor doesn't just oppose a supermarket, but also housing as well.   So he opposes any plan to improve college facilities for his constituents.  It's almost unblievable - but it's true! 

Dave

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2012, 11:16:01 PM »
I agree, Duke. The college/ supermarket issue may be a big deal here on the forum, but out there in the real world I suspect it doesn't count for very much - certainly not enough to merit a single-issue election candidate.

Duke Fame

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2012, 06:46:40 PM »
Just an observation but ........  Why didn't someone from the Yes campaign or indeed one of their vocal supporters  on this very site stand as an independent ?

Whilst I sypathise with you view on the supermarket, I don't think many people have it down as the game changer that others do.

Miss Marple

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2012, 06:43:18 PM »
Or, indeed, the No campaign........
Yes I agree  :-\

Bowden Guy

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2012, 06:39:13 PM »
Or, indeed, the No campaign........

Miss Marple

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2012, 06:31:12 PM »
Just an observation but ........  Why didn't someone from the Yes campaign or indeed one of their vocal supporters  on this very site stand as an independent ?

Dave

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2012, 04:42:19 PM »
I'm waiting for a candidate to state that they will support the college in their endeavours to raise funds for campus improvements.

So am I, Harry.  But it could be a long long wait.....   ::)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2012, 04:09:47 PM »
Their addresses are linked to from this very web site. Stamps are still affordable (just).

Yes, I've passed the addresses on already.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

amazon

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2012, 04:06:31 PM »
I'm waiting for a candidate to state that they will support the college in their endeavours to raise funds for campus improvements. Rather than all the 'head in the sand' negative statements.

That person may well get my vote.
         And mine ,

Harry

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 03:32:36 PM »
If anyone can help contact Barry Minshull or Maggie Preston then please do so.

Their addresses are linked to from this very web site. Stamps are still affordable (just).

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 03:29:02 PM »
A bit more info regarding your concerns about bias Duke:

Lib Dems, Conservatives, Labour and UKIP candidates have been invited to make a statement but MiA say they have not been able to contact Barry Minshull or Maggie Preston so far, although they are of course welcome to submit statements too.

Labour have simply been the quickest off the mark.

If anyone can help contact Barry Minshull or Maggie Preston then please do so.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Harry

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 03:27:27 PM »
I'm waiting for a candidate to state that they will support the college in their endeavours to raise funds for campus improvements. Rather than all the 'head in the sand' negative statements.

That person may well get my vote.

Duke Fame

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 03:25:30 PM »
I was amused by the Labour statement here that MIA's 'non-partisan approach has succeeded in uniting Marple people to say NO to the supermarket developers'.

The one thing we are not, as any member of this forum will know, is united!   ::)

I noted that Dave, it's what I had in mind with the hysteria.

Dave

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 03:17:53 PM »
I was amused by the Labour statement here that MIA's 'non-partisan approach has succeeded in uniting Marple people to say NO to the supermarket developers'.

The one thing we are not, as any member of this forum will know, is united!   ::)