Brabyns Preparatory School -Scholarships

Author Topic: Double Glazing contractor wanted.  (Read 5042 times)

My login is Henrietta

Re: Double Glazing contractor wanted.
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2012, 02:02:13 AM »

Unfortunately I have been let down by a well known contractor. The company fitted a new door for me, but failed to answer my request for a small repair to be done and some extra work. I phoned twice and no response.

So that company has now lost my faith and I shall not be recommending them to any of my family or Friends- what price a good name?.

So I am now looking for a company with a proven record of reliability who can do a small repair to the locking mechanism, fit me a couple of safety chains  and provide me with a budget price PVC (or whatever they call it) garage side door
Classic Windows, Mottram. I've used Peter three times and would do so again. He turns up at the time he says, gets on with the work and tidies up after himself. The quality of his work is excellent and unlike some contractors he actually asks you what you have in mind rather than telling you what you can have. He will make suggestions and advise you if exactly what you want is rather expensive or not practical but when it comes down to it you get what you want.

the rover

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012, 09:41:34 AM »
Negative post overwritten. Please read guidelines for this section of the forum. Admin.

Dave

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2012, 11:39:25 AM »
Lowndes Glass and Glazing, Hazel Grove.  Reliable and reasonable - we've used them a few times.  Phone 487 4664. 

alan@marple

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2012, 10:21:12 AM »
Thank you Ladies and Gentlemen, obviously I am not going to name the company that has disappointed me, but I am still looking for recommendations please

NeilCorrie

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012, 10:55:24 PM »
If you don't say who they are we can't recomend

Yes you can, just recommend who you want to. Alan can disregard if you happen to recommend the one he's had a problem with.

PS - Amazon - when you quote another post can you please make sure you add your own text BELOW the LAST
Sorry mark using I pad and sometimes it's not easy scrolling down .

Dare I suggest that Miss Marple starts giving I.T. training, as she's mastered the art of iPad quote unquote and scrolling ?  :-*

hollins

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 10:14:08 PM »
I would add to the recommendations for Perennial Windows - at separate times they have done doors, windows and replaced individual damaged units for us. Their prices are good, they are perfectly competent and they turn up when they say they will.

amazon

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 07:04:37 PM »

Yes you can, just recommend who you want to. Alan can disregard if you happen to recommend the one he's had a problem with.

PS - Amazon - when you quote another post can you please make sure you add your own text BELOW the LAST
[/quote]Sorry mark using I pad and sometimes it's not easy scrolling down .

amazon

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 07:03:15 PM »
I've just had a two-storey conservatory done by Perennial Windows in Marple.

The quality, speed and cost of the work has beem excellent - can't recommend Phil and the lads highly enough.

FYI - contact details below:
http://www.marplebusinessforum.co.uk/members-directory/tradesmen-and-construction/perennial-windows-ltd.html
Same hear used them two years ago can't fault

Marple Business Forum

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 06:36:14 PM »
I've just had a two-storey conservatory done by Perennial Windows in Marple.

The quality, speed and cost of the work has beem excellent - can't recommend Phil and the lads highly enough.

FYI - contact details below:
http://www.marplebusinessforum.co.uk/members-directory/tradesmen-and-construction/perennial-windows-ltd.html

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 06:07:05 PM »

PS - Amazon - when you quote another post can you please make sure you add your own text BELOW the LAST [/quote]
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

amazon

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 04:02:39 PM »

Unfortunately I have been let down by a well known contractor. The company fitted a new door for me, but failed to answer my request for a small repair to be done and some extra work. I phoned twice and no response.

So that company has now lost my faith and I shall not be recommending them to any of my family or Friends- what price a good name?.

So I am now looking for a company with a proven record of reliability who can do a small repair to the locking mechanism, fit me a couple of safety chains  and provide me with a budget price PVC (or whatever they call it) garage side door

alan@marple

Double Glazing contractor wanted.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 03:35:42 PM »

So I am now looking for a company with a proven record of reliability who can do a small repair to the locking mechanism, fit me a couple of safety chains  and provide me with a budget price PVC (or whatever they call it) garage side door