Michelle Reynolds Podiatrist, Marple

Author Topic: Costa Coffee in Marple Bridge  (Read 6077 times)

marpudlian

Re: Costa Coffee in Marple Bridge
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2012, 04:47:56 PM »
Marple Bridge does need at one convenience store, but I can't imagine a Costa Coffee, or any other cofee shop for that matter being very successful down there. Marple Bridge is hardly the busiest shopping centre!

Dave

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2012, 09:35:41 AM »
It's great that the PO is stocking some fruit and veg and groceries, and I hope we will all continue to support them.

That said, I think we still need a proper convenience store in the Bridge, selling a full range of groceries, wine, beer, spirits etc. 

gazwhite

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2012, 11:41:11 PM »
Hey don't give up on the Post Office already! My Scandinavian Au Pair was in there this week for some critical mailing and she couldn't help but notice the new fruit and veg display. In it's own special display stand and obviously of much better quality than the pathetic stuff they were trying to peddle outside previously. She bought a banana but reports that the quality of everything else was very good. No idea how she would be able to judge but she claims that the prices are very competitive. I will pop in for a Sun sometime this week and check it out and report back. Things are certainly looking up in Marple Bridge but at the end of the day it all depends on how much we support them.

Thanks for the comments - you're right - after a number of people saying they really wished somewhere in the village sold fruit and veg, we've started stocking it again - like anything though, we can only do it if people buy it, and support local trade.  We're doing our very best to beat supermarket prices.

Lots happening in Marple Bridge at the  moment.  The Norfolks coming along great, Dermott has opened tonight with the new Libbys.  The village is becoming a real destination.

amazon

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2012, 05:08:23 PM »
Hey don't give up on the Post Office already! My Scandinavian Au Pair was in there this week for some critical mailing and she couldn't help but notice the new fruit and veg display. In it's own special display stand and obviously of much better quality than the pathetic stuff they were trying to peddle outside previously. She bought a banana but reports that the quality of everything else was very good. No idea how she would be able to judge but she claims that the prices are very competitive. I will pop in for a Sun sometime this week and check it out and report back. Things are certainly looking up in Marple Bridge but at the end of the day it all depends on how much we support them.

What day does your scadinavian Au Pair go in ;)

noni mouse

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2012, 03:50:33 PM »

Duke Fame

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2012, 10:45:41 PM »
The floorboards in the empty Spar shop in Marple Bridge have been taken up and there is a notice in the window saying 'Costa Coffee coming soon'.

Does anyone know if this is true or has it been put up as a joke.  If true. I feel a bit sorry for Libbys Pattisserie as they have only just taken on the shop next door to them to double their space.

It would take a strong existing brand to take that shop, I enquired and the rents and associated costs were £20k p.a. very greedy and serves them right that it was empty for so long.

What did you want to open as .

Don't really want to say but it would have been another outlet of the wife's shop.  It's surprisingly big which is perhaps they are asking big rents. The numbers just didn't stack up.

Ironically it would suit a Raja bros but the rent will have to fall.

Given the rent, for a convenience shop given a normal Mark up it would have to pull in around 850 customers spending an average of a £5 each to break even before anyone even has a salary.

David myers

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 08:05:55 PM »
We need an 'open-all-hours' convenience store and off-licence there, just like before - but better run, obvs!  But I fear it will be yet another hairdressers or beauty parlour.    And as Duke points out, the rent is ridiculously greedy.     ::)
Agreed, we do need a convenience store in the village and am sure it would be a complete success, if ran correctly.

These rumours that have been sent around the area are nothing more than malicious and could be very damaging to certain shop owners of the village and have been instigated by a very narrow minded individual who should know better!! :-*

Ok but would anybody use it post office sell bits of stuff think they tried selling Veg but       that seems to have gone by the board

The post office has tried a few lines, but as noticed were a little unsuccessful which is a shame, it really does need a one stop shop and a full on approach!

amazon

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 07:51:34 PM »
We need an 'open-all-hours' convenience store and off-licence there, just like before - but better run, obvs!  But I fear it will be yet another hairdressers or beauty parlour.    And as Duke points out, the rent is ridiculously greedy.     ::)
Agreed, we do need a convenience store in the village and am sure it would be a complete success, if ran correctly.

These rumours that have been sent around the area are nothing more than malicious and could be very damaging to certain shop owners of the village and have been instigated by a very narrow minded individual who should know better!! :-*

Ok but would anybody use it post office sell bits of stuff think they tried selling Veg but       that seems to have gone by the board

David myers

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 07:20:20 PM »

Dave

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 04:01:03 PM »

amazon

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 03:46:28 PM »
The floorboards in the empty Spar shop in Marple Bridge have been taken up and there is a notice in the window saying 'Costa Coffee coming soon'.

Does anyone know if this is true or has it been put up as a joke.  If true. I feel a bit sorry for Libbys Pattisserie as they have only just taken on the shop next door to them to double their space.

It would take a strong existing brand to take that shop, I enquired and the rents and associated costs were £20k p.a. very greedy and serves them right that it was empty for so long.

What did you want to open as .

Blossom

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 06:45:33 PM »
Pure rumour and practical joke to arouse the locals into a huge debate and cause unrest in the village. :-\

I thought it might be.

David myers

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 07:16:59 PM »
Pure rumour and practical joke to arouse the locals into a huge debate and cause unrest in the village. :-\

Duke Fame

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 06:17:46 PM »

Blossom

Costa Coffee in Marple Bridge
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 05:35:32 PM »