Brabyns Preparatory School -Scholarships

Author Topic: Stockport Hydro Share Offer Extended to 1st March 2011  (Read 4941 times)

Duke Fame

Re: Otterspool bridge..
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2012, 09:13:14 PM »
Who is going to benefit from the hydro electric power scheme being installed at Otterspool bridge.. :o

The shareholders. I've merged this topic with a much earlier one announcing the extension of the deadline for purchasing shares.

Not that I have any spare cash, id the deadline extended to March 2011 or 2012?

David myers

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2012, 08:46:45 PM »
Who is going to benefit from the hydro electric power scheme being installed at Otterspool bridge.. :o
Well said duke, the scheme has been thought through with little if any major impact on the local environment and though money is tight for one and all, I may take a slice as a future gift to my children. ;D

Well the children of the world will benefit from a cleaner environment.

The consumer will get a guaranteed electricity supply (admittedly only enough to boil a few kettles)

The shareholders could stand to make some money if it's a success but then again that's a gamble so read the prospectus before investing, remember, values can go down as well as up.

Duke Fame

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2012, 10:07:00 PM »

Well the children of the world will benefit from a cleaner environment.

The consumer will get a guaranteed electricity supply (admittedly only enough to boil a few kettles)

The shareholders could stand to make some money if it's a success but then again that's a gamble so read the prospectus before investing, remember, values can go down as well as up.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2012, 01:25:08 PM »

The shareholders. I've merged this topic with a much earlier one announcing the extension of the deadline for purchasing shares.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Miss Marple

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2012, 01:20:45 PM »
Shan Alexander spoke about this at the Area Committee and said that she had a conflict of interest but wasn't listening so that's all I know, something about her husband.  Maybe she could help you ?

bat man

Otterspool bridge..
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 01:13:52 PM »

amazon

Re: Stockport Hydro Share Offer Extended to 1st March 2011
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 11:56:02 AM »
Put it in Marple Bridge  :-\

Why ...

Cyberman

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 08:46:39 AM »
I think the idea is it uses the existing weir. The new bit is the hut at the far end. I don't think there is a weir at Marpla Bridge (could be wrong). I've seen the similar scheme at New Mills and it's very low profile - not an eyesore.

Miss Marple

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 11:59:59 PM »
Put it in Marple Bridge  :-\

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 10:36:31 PM »
Please do not tell me that this is being put in the river at Otterspool why not the Bridge !!!

What do you mean - why not the bridge?
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Miss Marple

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 10:12:04 PM »
Please do not tell me that this is being put in the river at Otterspool why not the Bridge !!!

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Stockport Hydro Share Offer Extended to 1st March 2011
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 05:31:54 PM »
STOCKPORT HYDRO SHARE OFFER DEADLINE EXTENDED

Directors of Stockport Hydro have decided to extend their share offer deadline to Tuesday 1 March 2011.

“It’s been a very hectic last few days and we’re getting very close to our target” explains Stockport Hydro Director Ben Alexander  “we want to give as many people as possible the chance to become shareholders, so extending the deadline by a week should enable us to answer any outstanding queries and accept all those last minute pledges.”

Stockport Hydro has raised 88% of its overall target of £250K and just needs another £65K to make the project viable.  Anyone wanting to support the community-owned hydro scheme can register their interest at www.h2ope.co.uk and download a prospectus.

Steve Welsh, MD of H2oPE, the social enterprise working with Stockport Hydro said:

“There had been a high level of interest, and we’re so close to hitting our target that extending the share offer deadline should give people just that little bit of extra time to have a good look at the prospectus before deciding whether or not to invest. We’ve had more requests for a prospectus for this share offer than any we’ve launched before, so we want to make sure we give people enough time to consider the prospectus carefully and still have time to send their cheques in.

“For as little as £250, you can become a part-owner of a hydro scheme producing green electricity for the next 40years or more.  You’ll get a financial return over the lifetime of the project, you can reduce your tax bill because of our EIS status and you’ll be funding local community projects year-on-year from the surplus monies made. And don’t forget, shares can be bought as gifts to pass on to children and grandchildren”

Shares cost £1 each with a minimum shareholding of £250. Stockport Hydro will be an Industrial and Provident Society for the Benefit of the Community and will be run on a one-member-one-vote basis, regardless of the size of shareholding.

Specifically set up for the purpose of generating hydro electricity, Stockport Hydro Ltd plans to install a 54kW plant which will generate approximately 200,000 kWh per year, enough electricity for around 50 houses. It will save 90 tonnes of C02 per year  or 3,500 tonnes over its estimated 40 year lifetime.  

The share offer closes at 5pm on Tuesday 1 March and the prospectus can be downloaded at www.h2ope.org.uk.

Further information about the project can be found on the h2ope website www.h2ope.or.uk or you can telephone Steve Welsh on 07964 106037.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website