Brabyns Preparatory School

Author Topic: Concerned Parents of Hibbert Lane College Campus  (Read 4949 times)

Lisa Oldham

Re: Concerned Parents of Hibbert Lane College Campus
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2011, 09:48:05 AM »
on an aside..... a good way of getting all the students "together" is by getting them to like the Marple In Action Facebook page... as should everyone on here if they are not already

Its starting to roll with numbers.. as it should do.. and get comments.. and again its something the college and the supermarkets will keep an eye on
certainly a good way of coordinating or spreading the word of any meetings or arranged action... not everyone will come here and wade through all the info! 

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2011, 09:11:55 AM »
actually i think it would be a really good idea if the students formed an action group.... under the umbrella to a degree of MIA.  Its unlikely kids of that age will do things your way.. they will want to come up with their on ideas but you can dip in and guide if necessary. 

Having something happening inside the college in september is really very important and without the kids help it wont happen

Miss Marple

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2011, 01:35:41 AM »
Sorry Duke I don't understand what you mean ?

Duke Fame

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 10:09:50 PM »
The action line which has been set by MARPLE IN ACTION is receiving a huge amount of calls from parents of existing students and students about to start at the.college next term.  Whilst every effort has been Made to give advice on the sale of the college to a supermarket in October to all who have contacted, you will need to contact the college direct.   The college has today issued a statement on their website to inform parents about the situation and your comments about how late this has been issued is not the responsibility of MARPLE IN ACTION.
MARPLE IN ACTION WILL OF COURSE CONTINUE TO ANSWER CALLS FROM THE COMMUNITY ABOUT THE SALE OF THE COLLEGE TO A SUPERMARKET BUT ANY ISSUE IN RELATION TO A STUDENTS EDUCATION AND HOW THAT MAY BE AFFECTED BY THE SALE OF THE LAND WILL HAVE TO BE ADDRESSED BY THE COLLEGE AND THE GOVERNORS.

Thank you

MARPLE IN ACTION    

Keeping it in perspective, I don't think the college are reducing the capacity for the students in Marple, just moving the operation to one site.

Miss Marple

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 07:05:36 PM »
MARPLE in ACTION had to redirect two more concerned  parents on to the college again today and had to inform a couple of students that we didn't want them to form an action group in protest of what the college intends to do
I think the problem here is that the college didn't take into consideration that 60% of students who live in MARPLE attend the college  ( figures provided by Ms Cassidy) Now I am not a principle, finance adviser, NHS consultant or a prof at Manchester University but even i can work out that a supermarket on the Hibbert lane site may effect their house prices, increase their commuting time and distroy their community! Ops Ms Cassidy, think you and your think tank forgot something !

Miss Marple

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 08:22:02 AM »
So if i'm correct here Miss Marple what your saying is that the governors of the college have only now decided to be open on this subject and that they have to sell the site? If so you have to ask would they have been so open without the sterling work done so far by Marple in Action and I can only empathise with the parents of the children who attend the college.
Yes it looks like the college have only just remembered to inform their students and parents of Ms Cassidiys Plan to betray the community that has supported her.   You were caught out Ms Cassidy, if you would have had your way, you would have only SPOKEN OUR WHEN THE DEAL HAD BEEN DONE !  Remember what you said in the two leaked emails? Ms Cassidy   !  SHAME ON YOU !

Johnnyboy

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 10:25:46 PM »
So if i'm correct here Miss Marple what your saying is that the governors of the college have only now decided to be open on this subject and that they have to sell the site? If so you have to ask would they have been so open without the sterling work done so far by Marple in Action and I can only empathise with the parents of the children who attend the college.

Miss Marple

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 05:11:45 PM »
The action line which has been set by MARPLE IN ACTION is receiving a huge amount of calls from parents of existing students and students about to start at the.college next term.  Whilst every effort has been Made to give advice on the sale of the college to a supermarket in October to all who have contacted, you will need to contact the college direct.   The college has today issued a statement on their website to inform parents about the situation and your comments about how late this has been issued is not the responsibility of MARPLE IN ACTION.
MARPLE IN ACTION WILL OF COURSE CONTINUE TO ANSWER CALLS FROM THE COMMUNITY ABOUT THE SALE OF THE COLLEGE TO A SUPERMARKET BUT ANY ISSUE IN RELATION TO A STUDENTS EDUCATION AND HOW THAT MAY BE AFFECTED BY THE SALE OF THE LAND WILL HAVE TO BE ADDRESSED BY THE COLLEGE AND THE GOVERNORS.
I know just seen spelling mistake  :o
Thank you

MARPLE IN ACTION    

Miss Marple

Concerned Parents of Hibbert Lane College Campus
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 04:56:08 PM »

Thank you

MARPLE IN ACTION