Brabyns Preparatory School

Author Topic: ITS ASDA !!!  (Read 5605 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Re: ITS ASDA !!!
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2011, 01:15:48 PM »
If you say we dont need a supermarket as an alternative can you sugest what we do need .if the coop wereto close in the not to distant future . asda or tesco refused .whats left in marple its not now you have to look at but the future  .

If the Co-Op were to close in the not too distant future then there would be a perfect site for another supermarket company to take over wouldn't there  ???
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Smithy166

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2011, 12:39:07 PM »

If you say we dont need a supermarket as an alternative can you sugest what we do need .if the coop wereto close in the not to distant future . asda or tesco refused .whats left in marple its not now you have to look at but the future  .
[/quote]
I understand your point with regards to looking at the future, but as it stands there is very little chance of the Co-Op closing any time soon, if the recent regeration of the store is anything to go by. If the Co-Op were to close then there would still be the various shops on market street to use, internet shopping, and the superstores located outside of the marple area.

amazon

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2011, 12:15:01 PM »
Hi Cheryl I am not sure if you are interested in finding out I think the college maybe answer your question.  We only know ASDA is the favourite and it's between ASDA & TESCO   It's not really the brand that is the issue it's just that I honestly do not feel MARPLE needs a supermarket the size of 6 football pitches, but that's just my opinion.   The land is 8.5 acres and they can build on 6 acres and after 10 years build on the remaining 2 1/2 acres  they have been offered 13 million for the site which was a gift to the people of MARPLE and they are a private company. 

Duke Fame

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2011, 12:09:21 AM »
Hi Cheryl I am not sure if you are interested in finding out I think the college maybe answer your question.  We only know ASDA is the favourite and it's between ASDA & TESCO   It's not really the brand that is the issue it's just that I honestly do not feel MARPLE needs a supermarket the size of 6 football pitches, but that's just my opinion.   The land is 8.5 acres and they can build on 6 acres and after 10 years build on the remaining 2 1/2 acres  they have been offered 13 million for the site which was a gift to the people of MARPLE and they are a private company. 

Do we know this to be fact?

Miss Marple

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2011, 08:00:19 PM »

cheryl67lib

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 07:44:12 PM »
One of them will get it, and although I do use other Tesco's even I would prefer Asda if it came to the crunch!! There are already too many Tesco's..also does anyone know if any of the other big ones have put in a bid eg Sainsburys?

Miss Marple

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 07:14:17 PM »
We have been told by our insider at the college that ASDA is the college favourite out of the two in the running ie ASDA and TESCO, not that it really matters.  But because the thread re TESCO contains all the information it has been left as it is for now unless Admin will change it to someting like ASDA  V TESCO  ??? Which may stop some confusion

bat man

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 07:03:33 PM »
Its amazing how rumours fly around on this site lets have some concrete evidence ::)

Duke Fame

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 09:55:40 AM »
Just had this from a very very reliable source.  ITS ASDA WHO ARE THE PREFFERED CHOICE OF MS CASSIDY  SO LET'S GET MOVING ! :o

At this stage, the identity does not matter unless we use a boycott strategy. I think there should be a little caution as to getting moving on the evedence of hearsay. The highest bidder will win as far as the college is concerned.

Miss Marple

ITS ASDA !!!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 08:41:08 AM »
Just had this from a very very reliable source.  ITS ASDA WHO ARE THE PREFFERED CHOICE OF MS CASSIDY  SO LET'S GET MOVING ! :o