Marple Glass and Glazing

Author Topic: Marple in Action Web Site and iPetition now on-line  (Read 15001 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Re: Marple in Action Web Site and iPetition now on-line
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2011, 06:22:56 PM »
I understand that an e-Petition request has been submitted to Stockport MBC but I would advise that the current wording of the Petition may not be acceptable to the Borough Solicitor (i'm responsible for e-Petitions at Rochdale MBC).

e- Petitions are a great way to get the Council to take notice and can result in the matter being debated at a Full Council meeting.  In other words we could force the Council to debate the sale of the campus with all Councillors present and to request they take appropriate action.  

The wording of any Petition needs to be asking the Council to take a specific action.  In this case I would suggest "We request the Council to support the residents of Marple to reject the development of the Hibbert Lane Campus.  Furthermore we ask the Council stands by it's Core Strategy and promotes this site be used for development of Scoial Housing if the site must be developed at all."

Stockport MBC's Petition page for further information
http://democracy.stockport.gov.uk/mgepetitionlistdisplay.aspx?bcr=1

That's interesting UHL, I submitted an ePetition to SMBC several days ago but have had no response from them and I decided to proceed with the iPetitions one instead. How do you know about it when I haven't even had the promised response from SMBC after I submitted it? Even more curious, you seem to know the wording I submitted. How is that please?

I've done as you suggest by the way, let's see if I get a response to this one!

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

UHL

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2011, 04:27:26 PM »
I understand that an e-Petition request has been submitted to Stockport MBC but I would advise that the current wording of the Petition may not be acceptable to the Borough Solicitor (i'm responsible for e-Petitions at Rochdale MBC).

e- Petitions are a great way to get the Council to take notice and can result in the matter being debated at a Full Council meeting.  In other words we could force the Council to debate the sale of the campus with all Councillors present and to request they take appropriate action. 

The wording of any Petition needs to be asking the Council to take a specific action.  In this case I would suggest "We request the Council to support the residents of Marple to reject the development of the Hibbert Lane Campus.  Furthermore we ask the Council stands by it's Core Strategy and promotes this site be used for development of Scoial Housing if the site must be developed at all."

Stockport MBC's Petition page for further information
http://democracy.stockport.gov.uk/mgepetitionlistdisplay.aspx?bcr=1

mrhooper

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2011, 09:19:46 AM »
Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance. By perseverance the snail reached the ark.

Miss Marple

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2011, 12:37:43 AM »
I have just joined the ASDA face book page  ;)  I bet my comments gone before the morning  :'(

Smithy166

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2011, 04:25:13 PM »
Posted a link to the facebook page on my facebook,
Also, if you need a had running said plage let me know, i used to run a page with 25,000 active users, so I'd be more than happy to use this exprience to help you.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2011, 07:22:33 PM »
There is a new on-line shopping survey accessible from the Marple in Action web site: www.marple-in-action.org.uk
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2011, 06:46:26 PM »
A link to this is now on my facebook  ;D

Can you get your 2,000+ Friends to like this new Facebook page please Nick - Lisa Oldham and Sarah Laker from Stationery Supplies are helping to set it up. First target is 25 "Likes" so we can have our own link.

Marple in Action Facebook Page
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Stationery Supplies

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2011, 06:15:14 PM »
A4 laminated posters, as featured on the 'Marple In Action' web page, can be purchased in Stationery Supplies for £1. All profits will go towards 'Marple In Action'.

Miss Marple

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2011, 03:57:21 PM »
Have you got something that we can print off to pass on to people without Internet   Cheers

Do you mean petition-wise Miss M? If so, yes, here's a download that I hope lots of people will print and collect signatures. I know Sarah at Stationery Supplies will be keen to help out on this again and people without Internet access will be able to call in there.

www.marple-uk.com/marple-in-action/camsfc_petition.pdf
. GREAT !   

Stationery Supplies

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2011, 02:21:54 PM »
Thanks Mark, Paper petition now on my shop counter! :)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 02:00:49 PM »
Have you got something that we can print off to pass on to people without Internet   Cheers

Do you mean petition-wise Miss M? If so, yes, here's a download that I hope lots of people will print and collect signatures. I know Sarah at Stationery Supplies will be keen to help out on this again and people without Internet access will be able to call in there.

www.marple-uk.com/marple-in-action/camsfc_petition.pdf
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Miss Marple

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 09:30:37 AM »

Taurus

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 07:33:37 AM »
A link to this is now on my facebook  ;D

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Marple in Action Web Site and iPetition now on-line
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 06:12:23 AM »
Marple in Action's own web site is now on-line and can be accessed via:

www.marple-in-action.org.uk or www.marple-uk.com/marple-in-action

There is a downloadable poster to display in your window or garden if you support the campaign against the sale of the site to a supermarket.

The iPetition can be accessed through the above links or directly here:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/marple-in-action/

Please "sign" the electronic petition and share it with as many people as you can.

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website