Certified Charter Accountants in Marple

Author Topic: Young Persons Residential Unit  (Read 10988 times)

David myers

Re: Young Persons Residential Unit
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2011, 09:00:11 PM »
I am mortified by some of the negative comments that have been made about people who have not had the best start in life, agreed they may be problematic but you would not think twice about sending money or support halfway round the world to a complete stranger!  The reason why children are in these aweful situations is usually due to bad parenting and many other reasons and in most cases beyond their control, they need help and support from people who should know better.  They need a understanding, guidance, support and if that were given at an earlier age then they may not have the need to be homed away from their loved ones (if they have any). People really should have a little more understanding and respect for people who are much less fortunate than most. (I speak from my own experience). :-[

bluebelly

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2011, 12:10:02 PM »
why should you know and others not.
everyone has the right to know.

Miss Marple

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2011, 08:54:47 AM »
Out of borough placements can sometimes be problematic ! Does anyone remember the elderly lady who lived on Hibbert Lane in one of the EPH bungalows, she was savagely attacked and lost an eye and I think later died due to the severity of her injuries.   The two lads concerned were from the Residential home opposite near Stoke Lacy they had broken in her bungalow and attacked her for money. SO yes it's great children have rights but so do other vulnerable groups  a home can be paid up to £6,000 per week for out of placements and then pay the staff minimum wage ? So we then have the scenario of un qualified staff attempting to rehabilitate YPs who are often damaged and in need of more help than can be offered by an out of borough placement

Barbara

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2011, 08:07:18 AM »
Well said Pink Panther!

Rachael

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2011, 07:57:03 AM »
Please tell everyone the locations of the ones that you know of.

I think this would be unfair ,  as previously posted, children are in care for many reasons , they are not all in care because they are "naughty" , there are residential homes for children  in our community, who do marvelous things , and whom without them, children may be worse off in their quality of life  ( thats probably the wrong word to explain it but Im sure you know what I mean )

I know of two residential  homes in the area  , and neither of them has had a negative impact on me living here in Marple,  the fact that many dont know they are there is proof of that .

You only have to read the recent threads about children who live in our area kicking in fences  and causing criminal damage, as quoted by the police "One comes from a good home " .

I totaly understand ones fears about this residential unit opening, but I honestly think that firm facts need to be established if they havent already,  or we may find that children are judged unfairly  and not given the chance they deserve  ( or even the chance to rehabilitate )

Rachael

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 07:38:17 AM »
I noticed jobs are being advertised for this new development .

I think I would contact the people opening this home directly ,  children are in care for various reasons,  it may not be the home for children in care you think it is .

It would be a shame to petition against something that could be positive without knowing the full facts of what sort of residential place this is first .

Apologies if you have already done this , I am trying to reassure you  ( honest )

bluebelly

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 12:37:23 PM »
That is not the only one. You would probably be horrified if you knew how many of these homes there were in Marple. And how much of the crime is a result of us having these here.
[/pleae tell us where they are or is it top secreatquote]

Graham

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 12:00:34 AM »
Please tell everyone the locations of the ones that you know of.

crosslaners

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 10:18:59 PM »
I know there are at least four and wouldn't be surprised if there were more!!

Harry

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 10:05:59 PM »
That is not the only one. You would probably be horrified if you knew how many of these homes there were in Marple. And how much of the crime is a result of us having these here.

crosslaners

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 09:44:32 PM »
We have an email address if anyone wants pass comment, good or bad, about our campaign to register our dismay at opening the YPRU at No. 2 Cross Lane. The address is:

number2crosslane@hotmail.co.uk

The cross crosslaners!!!

crosslaners

Young Persons Residential Unit
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 08:57:52 PM »
The residents of Cross Lane are outraged that once again No. 2 Cross Lane is to be opened as Young Persons Residential Unit (or naughty boys home as was!). It is incredible that, having been closed once before because of mismanagement, the house is once again set to become a home for delinquent boys. The work that has been carried out on the house over the past three weeks is at best cosmetic as there could be up to six teenagers sent to live in our community from any where in the country and we will have no say in matter!!

A petition will shortly be going round and your signature would be gratefully appreciated - we will send it to the OFSTED board who will ultimately licence the home - at least registering our disgust and dismay that we will once again have to put up with noise, disturbance, possible drug activity, a probable increase in crime.

Has anyone any more information about this home?