Marple Glass and Glazing

Author Topic: Tesco / ASDA !!!  (Read 710481 times)

TINSLEY

Re: Tesco / ASDA !!!
« Reply #1148 on: December 20, 2011, 04:43:47 PM »
What is a real supermarket. When staff show that they are acutely serving the public. 

amazon

« Reply #1147 on: December 20, 2011, 04:09:50 PM »
It makes sense to a have a real supermarket. Not the Co op.
What's a real supermarket ?
           one that you can go to and find shelves  stocked and goods that you want not like the coop . 

Henry_

« Reply #1146 on: December 20, 2011, 02:44:08 PM »
Well that's cleared that up then!   ::)
How is your trawl through the 77 pages going Dave? Which one are you up to?
If people  are so vocal on a subject then surely they would retain information and not have to trawl through the topic, especially people from the YES campaign who I will be relying on to advocate for me if the supermarket does go ahead and I have problems and questions which I need actioning   I flippin well hope you and Dave are up to speed then
OK, but why do those on the Yes side continually also get asked the same questions, when the position is clearly put within both this thread and on the facebook page? It works both ways.

If there was any 'smoking gun' type evidence showing that the college's plans are unfeasible then it would not be hidden within a 77 page forum thread anyway.

Dave

« Reply #1145 on: December 20, 2011, 02:39:33 PM »
I didn't waste time 'trawling' HWL, because I knew there was nothing to trawl for, apart from the usual bluff, bluster, waffle and flannel ;-)

Miss Marple

« Reply #1144 on: December 20, 2011, 01:41:04 PM »
Well that's cleared that up then!   ::)
How is your trawl through the 77 pages going Dave? Which one are you up to?
If people  are so vocal on a subject then surely they would retain information and not have to trawl through the topic, especially people from the YES campaign who I will be relying on to advocate for me if the supermarket does go ahead and I have problems and questions which I need actioning   I flippin well hope you and Dave are up to speed then

Miss Marple

« Reply #1143 on: December 19, 2011, 11:36:58 PM »
What's a real supermarket ?

TINSLEY

« Reply #1142 on: December 18, 2011, 06:15:48 PM »

Miss Marple

« Reply #1141 on: December 17, 2011, 10:36:15 AM »
What was the 'information from SMBC'?
look back through the thread and you will not only bring yourself up to speed but will see information that you have missed or chosen to dismiss  :-\

Dave

« Reply #1140 on: December 16, 2011, 02:43:13 PM »
What was the 'information from SMBC'?

Miss Marple

« Reply #1139 on: December 16, 2011, 11:16:08 AM »
No ! Wrong again information from SMBC back in June !  Marple remembers and will be watching the developments over the coming months!    ;)

Dave

« Reply #1138 on: December 16, 2011, 09:50:02 AM »
It's possible that Victor and others who believe that the college would not be permitted to build on the grassed areas around the Buxton Lane building may be thinking of the provisions of section 77 of the School Standards and Framework Act (1998).  See   http://www.education.gov.uk/schools/adminandfinance/schoolscapital/landandproperty/a0014574/playing-fields

However, my understanding is that this legislation does not apply to 6th form colleges. This is just one example of the confusion that arises when people persist in referring to camsfc as a school. 

Dave

« Reply #1137 on: December 15, 2011, 07:55:44 PM »
Dave,
The playing fields at both Hibbert Lane & Buxton Lane are classed as green fields and cannot be built on. In any planning application whatever that space totals, still has to be there following any development

What is your source for that, Victor?

http://www.stockport.gov.uk/2013/2994/developmentcontrol/planningpolicy/UDP/udpreview_h_appendix4

The Council’s policy approach has been to strongly resist the loss of any existing public or private sports grounds....

...there can be no justification for any relaxation in the protection of existing formal recreation open space.

Admittedly I lack the 'greater insight' granted to MIA-people, but my understanding is that the former playing fields at the camsfc Buxton Lane site are no longer 'public or private sports grounds', nor are they 'formal recreation open space', as they have not been used for such a purpose for several  years.  It may be that the college will not need to build beyond the current car park, but if they do, they may try to argue along these lines. 

A bigger obstacle to planning consent, I suspect, will be the perfectly understandable objections of those whose properties adjoin the current green spaces around the Buxton Lane site. 

Miss Marple

« Reply #1136 on: December 15, 2011, 07:16:33 PM »
So that's explained that !   So my offer still stands HWL and Dave shall we meet and have a pace out !  I would prefer a shoot out ! But it's nearly Christmas so Hey lets be nice.  Are you both up for it ?

sgk

« Reply #1135 on: December 15, 2011, 06:13:52 PM »
Dave,
The playing fields at both Hibbert Lane & Buxton Lane are classed as green fields and cannot be built on. In any planning application whatever that space totals, still has to be there following any development, but not necessarily in the same place (I hope that makes sense)

Indeed.

http://www.stockport.gov.uk/2013/2994/developmentcontrol/planningpolicy/UDP/udpreview_h_appendix4

The Council’s policy approach has been to strongly resist the loss of any existing public or private sports grounds....

...there can be no justification for any relaxation in the protection of existing formal recreation open space.

Victor M

« Reply #1134 on: December 15, 2011, 06:06:48 PM »
Dave,
The playing fields at both Hibbert Lane & Buxton Lane are classed as green fields and cannot be built on. In any planning application whatever that space totals, still has to be there following any development, but not necessarily in the same place (I hope that makes sense)