Wealth Management | S&T Wealth provide portfolio & investment advice

Author Topic: Tesco / ASDA !!!  (Read 701650 times)

Harry

Re: Tesco / ASDA !!!
« Reply #503 on: August 01, 2011, 04:38:31 PM »
Being naive, what is staggering in this whole process maybe the role that an (unlucky ?) thirteen unelected people can have in changing the face of Marple, irrevocably. And the lack of power in local and national politics to take on the aggressive supermarkets.

Who are these 'thirteen unelected people' mentioned above?

Smithy166

« Reply #502 on: August 01, 2011, 04:30:44 PM »
Being naive, what is staggering in this whole process maybe the role that an (unlucky ?) thirteen unelected people can have in changing the face of Marple, irrevocably. And the lack of power in local and national politics to take on the aggressive supermarkets.

We have sent letters to all the governers at the college, and emailed a copy to Andrew Stunnel. Is our MP on holiday, as his silence far has been deafening ?

His website hasn't been updated in 3 months! (give or take), so either hes on holiday or doing what most MPs do - burying his head in the sand hoping it will all go away

I would suggest that insulting our MP is not the best way to enlist his assistance.

If his website hasn't been updated for 3 months (give or take), then its very clever that it includes his activities in Parliament within the last two weeks.

I apologise, as usual I jumped the gun. As i based what i said on the "recent updates" section on the homepage.
Mr stunnel also has a facebook page located herehttp://en-gb.facebook.com/andrew.stunell?sk=wall. I'm woundering weather messaging him via that page (or friending him) might get a more prompt respone?

Harry

« Reply #501 on: August 01, 2011, 04:27:50 PM »

We have sent letters to all the governers at the college, and emailed a copy to Andrew Stunnel. Is our MP on holiday, as his silence far has been deafening ?

His website hasn't been updated in 3 months! (give or take), so either hes on holiday or doing what most MPs do - burying his head in the sand hoping it will all go away

I would suggest that insulting our MP is not the best way to enlist his assistance.

If his website hasn't been updated for 3 months (give or take), then its very clever that it includes his activities in Parliament within the last two weeks.

Smithy166

« Reply #500 on: August 01, 2011, 03:20:27 PM »

Basementlife

« Reply #499 on: August 01, 2011, 03:11:29 PM »

Smithy166

« Reply #498 on: August 01, 2011, 01:42:27 PM »
So asdas the favorate now?
We could do with changing the topic title at some point then  ::)

The more I look at this the more I think that the way to beat the Town killer guganaught is to convince another company to buy the site, weither that be housing, A leasure complex (a bit like hyde pool -  built in conjunction with marple baths) or maybe a small retail park type affair, so its not just one huge store, but several little ones.

acoustician

« Reply #497 on: August 01, 2011, 12:15:42 PM »
I may be able to throw a bit of light on the issue of the funding application by camsfc to the Learning and Skills Council (LSC) in 2008. AFAIK it wasn't really a missed deadline at all. What happened was that the LSC suddenly discovered they had massively over-committed capital funding to college building projects all over the country. That is, they promised far more money than they actually had! It was quite a scandal at the time - there were many colleges whose project planning was at an advanced stage, who were suddenly told they couldn't have any capital funding after all! I gather Aquinas only just got under the wire. This was all very sudden, and until then there was no reason for any college to believe that funds were about to run out. So I think the cock up, if there was one, was probably at the LSC.  

This is true, we did a lot of work with colleges and huge swathes of them got cancelled, a lot after significant sums were spent on design fees. The colleges were led to believe that the money was just a formality. Head of LSC lost his jobs, loads of poorer colleges effectively wasted a load of money. A dreadful state of affairs.  :(

We did the acoustics on Acquinas FWIW :)

mikes

« Reply #496 on: August 01, 2011, 10:17:27 AM »
Have any of you seen this:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-14326362

I guess the same would be said of an ASDA.

Victor M

« Reply #495 on: August 01, 2011, 08:52:36 AM »
It is a pity that Stephen Downs has resigned as we could have done with his no vote at the next meeting. Does anyone have his contact details he could have very valuable information for Marple in Action.

Miss Marple

« Reply #494 on: August 01, 2011, 08:31:15 AM »
ITS ASDA !!

We have just received a tip of from a very very reliable source and the favourite is ASDA

TO ADD INSULT TO INJURY MS CASSIDY IT'S NOT EVEN A BRITISH COMPANY

WELL I HOPE YOU "HAVE A NICE DAY "  MS CASSIDY BECAUSE THE PEOPLE OFF MARPLE ARE HAVING AN AWFUL ONE !!!!

Miss Marple

« Reply #493 on: August 01, 2011, 12:36:41 AM »
Dr Anand Dutta Governor and also a Governor for NHS foundation trust   Stockport

Email via.  Petra.Richardson@stockport.nhs.uk

AND WERE OFF  ;)

Miss Marple

« Reply #492 on: August 01, 2011, 12:23:01 AM »
Karen Moore Governor     K.Moore@mmu.ac.uk.  0161 247 1021 ,

Miss Marple

« Reply #491 on: July 31, 2011, 09:21:55 PM »
Stephen Downs
Contacted MARPLE in Action  today to say

That the Min's of the meeting of 12 th July will show that he withdrew from the meeting when Hibbert Lane was discussed and that he has now subsequently resigned as he states that he disagrees 100%
with the proposals.  

One down how many more to go  ???    SHAME ON YOU MS CASSIDY EVEN YOUR GOVENOURS REALISE THAT WE ARE A STRONG COMMUNITY AND THAT YOUR PROPOSALS ARE RIDICULOUS.

sgk

« Reply #490 on: July 31, 2011, 05:11:29 PM »
Stockport Green Party have raised their concerns over the proposed sale, including the prospect of the swimming pool being demolished, see this link.

Harry

« Reply #489 on: July 31, 2011, 04:52:06 PM »
I'm going off the fact that tescos has expressed interest in purchasing the site. And i would also point out that the comparision is purely to show people the size of the land, not what tescos (or any other food chain) could build on the site.

At any rate, the site is still huge, and has more than enough space to accomodate a full blown superstore, which is what that comparision set out to show.

Its not a fact that Tesco have expressed an interest, its a rumour.

Why not compare it to a football pitch? Somebody thinks its the size of 6 of these.