A gentle and effective approach to whole body health, to help reduce pain, improve mobility and promote healing

Author Topic: Bogus Caller-maybe  (Read 3800 times)

alan@marple

Re: Bogus Caller-maybe
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2011, 11:22:26 PM »
Yes and Brian Hayes, and Mick Edmunson and the rest of the gang

Jerome Caminada

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2011, 10:16:23 PM »
mark webster??

alan@marple

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2011, 12:36:05 PM »
I would advise that if in doubt you report any sus callers to the police....if it turns out to be a genuine caller then there`s no harm done however if it is a bogus offender then the police really need to know......

Thanks for your well intentioned advice Jerome, perhaps I should have mentioned that I did in fact reported it to the police and further more discussed it with our mutual freind Mrs W.

By the way are you or were a colleage of Mr Webster, see you at hough end maybe?( nudge nudge wink wink)

Neil Smith

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2011, 06:41:08 PM »
I would advise that if in doubt you report any sus callers to the police....if it turns out to be a genuine caller then there`s no harm done however if it is a bogus offender then the police really need to know......

and next time it could be your granny  :o :o :o

Jerome Caminada

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2011, 11:32:43 AM »

amazon

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 08:19:24 PM »
Sent those callers in Marple Bridge off with a flea in their ear when they came to my house.  Happen to have heard an article on You and Yours that lunchtime (radio 4) about people coming to your door, tapping their computer and saying that it says that you are paying too much.  Apparently its a load of old guff and they just have your address, no other details.  They are just following a script they have been given.  Send them away immediately!
i thought cold calling was illegal

Deniseam

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 08:02:59 PM »
Sent those callers in Marple Bridge off with a flea in their ear when they came to my house.  Happen to have heard an article on You and Yours that lunchtime (radio 4) about people coming to your door, tapping their computer and saying that it says that you are paying too much.  Apparently its a load of old guff and they just have your address, no other details.  They are just following a script they have been given.  Send them away immediately!

tina

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 11:11:40 PM »
I had a knock on the door from EDF today, told them I'm on pre payment meters and they said oh good you are already getting the best rates... so if anyone wants to get rid of them just say that they soon leave.

Susan

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 09:48:48 PM »
how to get rid of cold callers for gas/electricity, tell them straight way that u cant change suppliers because  you owe them money and have been put on a pre-payment meter believe me it works they run out of garden as fast as they can.  I have done this many of times when they knock on the door.

Barbara

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 09:45:25 PM »
Ley Road area also - and who would believe any salesman who had such a scruffy appearance?  Bah humbug!!   :(

sgk

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 07:16:05 PM »
E-ON (or perhaps EDF) were cold calling in Marple Bridge last night also.  "Not here to sell you anything, but our computer shows you're spending too much on gas+elec".  Pffft.

alan@marple

Bogus Caller-maybe
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 07:40:22 PM »
At 2.20pm on Thursday 12th May a caller came to my front door in the Lockside area, my wife opened the door and he said he was from Eon, my wife told him we received all our energy from British Gas. He then put his foot over the doorstep and asked if he could step in, he told her that if we check on our last bill it would be seen that Eon supply us. At this stage I came out of the bathroom and saw that my wife was unnerved about something. I went to the door and saw him, and in no uncertain terms told him to clear off!.

I would describe him as about 5'6, medium build ,Asian, dark skinned ,black hair and wearing spectacles.

He was wearing a red fleece with the motive "E-ON" Thereon and carrying computer type data screen on which he was writing notes.

He scuttled away and proceeded to call upon other houses in the road.

My thoughts are that he was an over zealous salesman, but no doubt might well have coerced someone to change over suppliers.