Paul Whittaker Plumbing

Author Topic: in view off .  (Read 3866 times)

Duke Fame

Re: in view off .
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2011, 10:20:11 PM »
it does leave me personally in a tricky position. i align my views with the progressive left, which was, up until may, the libs in this area. not any more!

They seem to be dropping like flies at Stockport council. Rumor has it that goddard is going to head back to labour, and that the councillors in marple are going to stand as independents!! - stockileaks !!

do we have any green candidates?

Cough, I think I can rely on you for your vote

belleesummerbee

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2011, 09:20:40 PM »
'and that the councillors in Marple are going to stand as independents'

If this is true it sounds like self preservation to me, how else will they have a hope remaining as our elected representatives

Dave

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2011, 05:52:38 PM »
Rumor has it that goddard is going to head back to labour, and that the councillors in marple are going to stand as independents!!

That's very interesting, andy, and in the circumstances, not at all surprising that libdem councillors should want to distance themselves from what their MPs are up to in the government - especially the ministers such as Andrew Stunnell.  I've got no particular political affiliation, but I've voted for Stunnell at every election since he first stood in 1992.   But I don't think I'll be doing so again.   

andy+kirsty

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2011, 04:55:35 PM »
it does leave me personally in a tricky position. i align my views with the progressive left, which was, up until may, the libs in this area. not any more!

They seem to be dropping like flies at Stockport council. Rumor has it that goddard is going to head back to labour, and that the councillors in marple are going to stand as independents!! - stockileaks !!

do we have any green candidates?

Duke Fame

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2011, 12:48:00 PM »
Locally I prefer to vote for whichever councillors seem to have the most concern for the neighbourhood, rather than a party. 

Everyone should vote in this way Barbara, sadly some people will vote Labour or Conservative no matter what their proposals are. If ewveryone was more open-minded we'd have a more proactive government as we'd get evolving policies.

Dave

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2011, 09:02:09 AM »
Just so long as they keep my bus pass

If we lose our bus passes, Barbara, it will be a government decision rather than a local authority one, AFAIK.  But I don't think there's much danger of that, if only because we old codgers are the ones who actually bother to vote.......     ;D

Barbara

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 07:47:49 AM »
Locally I prefer to vote for whichever councillors seem to have the most concern for the neighbourhood, rather than a party.  Just so long as they keep my bus pass - if that gets taken away I shall give up voting altogether, I think!!
I do sometimes think that maybe two councillors per ward would be sufficient rather than three.  However, I have not been, and have no intention of being, involved in politics, so maybe there is good reason for so many.
Rant over - cheers

Duke Fame

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 10:08:58 PM »
probably, it's shocking how standards of English are slipping ;)

LOL.

As for the OP, I vote for whomever plans to reduce spending & taxing

alison

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 10:02:51 PM »
probably, it's shocking how standards of English are slipping ;)

Dave

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 10:33:15 PM »
In view off whats happened locally

Such as.....?

Belly

• Marple Cricket Club Website
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 10:17:26 PM »
No  ;)
Words are trains for passing through what really has no name...

amazon

in view off .
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 08:50:31 PM »
In view off whats happened locally and nationally will it alter the way you vote in the locally elections
 in may .