Brabyns Preparatory School -Scholarships

Author Topic: Norfolk Arms  (Read 82382 times)

Heritage

Re: Norfolk Arms
« Reply #143 on: March 15, 2012, 07:57:31 PM »
Whatever it will be, everyone will find out when it opens  ;D

Marplemum

« Reply #142 on: March 15, 2012, 07:11:40 PM »
Well whatever it's going to be I think we can be 100% sure that it's not a top class restaurant refurbishment  I drove past yesterday and they had the old furniture from the Norfolk outside for sale.   Does anyone know what its going to be ?

Miss Marple, I never thought I would ever agree with you, but for once I do! ;)

amazon

« Reply #141 on: March 15, 2012, 06:54:23 PM »
Well whatever it's going to be I think we can be 100% sure that it's not a top class restaurant refurbishment  I drove past yesterday and they had the old furniture from the Norfolk outside for sale.   Does anyone know what its going to be ?

No it's not what it was supposed to be iwill ask at the post office on Monday ....

Miss Marple

« Reply #140 on: March 15, 2012, 06:52:27 PM »

Henry_

« Reply #139 on: March 15, 2012, 09:13:34 AM »
Does anyone know when the Norfolk is going to re-open?  It's still not looking particularly good from the outside - really bad white paint job.  I hope they are going to clean it all up - the pavement too! 
and yet the inside seems to be full of furniture and booze. Can't figure it out at all. No idea also if it's going to have a change of name or not.

Marplemum

« Reply #138 on: March 14, 2012, 07:45:25 PM »
Does anyone know when the Norfolk is going to re-open?  It's still not looking particularly good from the outside - really bad white paint job.  I hope they are going to clean it all up - the pavement too! 

elpram

« Reply #137 on: March 09, 2012, 08:57:31 PM »
Took a peak through the window yesterday and the bar looks stocked....just looks like a bomb's hit the rest of the interior and the exterior doesn't look exactly spic n span  :-\

Marplemum

« Reply #136 on: March 05, 2012, 07:13:55 PM »
Although this has taken ages to refurbish, I hope they don't open it before it is properly ready.  It looks like it is quite a long way from being ready to receive paying customers - i.e. bare plaster on the walls and still loads of junk outside and that fish and chip sign in the top window isn't exactly adding to the look of the place. The outside of the building looks like it needs a good clean up.  I will definitely try it out and want it to be a success.  It will be good for the village to have another great restaurant.

Dave

« Reply #135 on: March 05, 2012, 04:45:13 PM »
...and at a sensible price.   Paid £3.50 for a pint of Taylor's Landlord the other day.   :o It was nice, I will admit.    Where was this, you ask?   The Oddies, natch   ;D

Heritage

« Reply #134 on: March 05, 2012, 04:14:01 PM »
Hope they serve real ales.....

amazon

« Reply #133 on: March 05, 2012, 03:30:06 PM »
Dave, Marple Bridge Stores no more? Last time I passed the Post Office it was still there. Is there something we should know?

Dont understand your post .

Are you confusing with 'Town Street Stores' - the old 'Spar'.  That property is currently empty.

Post Office/MARPLE BRIDGE STORES LTD is the same place, and we're still there/here thanks! Just starting our new range of fresh fruit and veg - after our trial run in mid 2011. We've found an excellent local supplier and work to beat supermarket prices! Please let Sean, Barbara and myself have any feedback or suggestions!    white.gareth@hotmail.com.   

The lads at the Norfolk are still working on it - and  doing a grand job!  Taking time, but will be worth it - just what our village needs.
Can't be far of opening now beer being delivered this morning  ,

gazwhite

« Reply #132 on: January 17, 2012, 11:36:09 PM »
Dave, Marple Bridge Stores no more? Last time I passed the Post Office it was still there. Is there something we should know?

Are you confusing with 'Town Street Stores' - the old 'Spar'.  That property is currently empty.

Post Office/MARPLE BRIDGE STORES LTD is the same place, and we're still there/here thanks! Just starting our new range of fresh fruit and veg - after our trial run in mid 2011. We've found an excellent local supplier and work to beat supermarket prices! Please let Sean, Barbara and myself have any feedback or suggestions!    white.gareth@hotmail.com.   

The lads at the Norfolk are still working on it - and  doing a grand job!  Taking time, but will be worth it - just what our village needs.

Dave

« Reply #131 on: January 17, 2012, 05:15:55 PM »
Dave, Marple Bridge Stores no more?

Not me, noni - I didn't say a word!   :-X

amazon

« Reply #130 on: January 17, 2012, 05:03:32 PM »

noni mouse

« Reply #129 on: January 17, 2012, 03:54:06 PM »